Cloud ibox 4 red light

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,746 times. The last Post () by MACKEMSRULE.

• Hi got my ibox 4 delivered on thursday updated the system ok but after having a bit play with it came across some different skins in the menu. i saw one that looked better so went ahead to install it, the screen stuck on restarting gui for about an hour so i turned it off and on hoping it would just reboot, but no just sits there with its red light looking at me, i've tried putting files onto a usb stick but it doesn't even try to read them, and on here it says it was a vu+ clone but on another site it says it is a dreambox 800se clone so I'm confused, I can't see the seller wanting to replace it, so is it totally bricked? Michael

• can You connect on box with ftp manager , winscp, fillezilla or DCC etc etc

because if You installed wrong skin it is easy to resolve that , simply deleting skin in usr/share/enigma2 folder and then restarting box

after that box should start with default skin

• No I tried filezilla plus dreambox config creator the creator did connect to it before it went off, Hope its not a total paperweight, thanks for the reply most appreciated

• I'm pretty sure that the box is bricked mate, i had one of these and i done exactly the same as you i downloaded a skin and it just wouldn't boot up, i done some research and i believe that you need to load a new bootloader onto the chip of the board and there's a PIC programmer needed.. it seemed like a whole load of hassle for the money so i just bought another box, bit of advice stay clear of any clone boxes their really not worth the hassle

W.

- - - Updated - - -

Check out this link mate

http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=83177

• Thanks for the reply, I got it fixed for £20 off a local guy, he said he had to change a capacitor or resistor or something, but he got it working and installed all the good stuff on anyway, dunno If i can recommend him on here or not for other people

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!