Brain turning to mush again !

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 704 times. The last Post () by n95k.

• Sorry as I know this has probably been asked before, my head is spinning again now from reading so much info and getting nowhere.

Ok I bought an openbox S10 about 2 months ago. I am really happy with it and so recommended it to 3 of my friends. I bought all 4 boxes from the same place, all are genuine. I set them all up the same way using newcamd and mine and 2 of the 3 friends all work fine. The 3rd friends kept on going to offline/login loop every now and then. So I thought i'd try mgcamd on his one. All worked fine for a day and then he recieved an e-mail tonight saying ...

Your IP has been temporarily disabled due to server rules violation. You are requested to eliminate a cause of the ban very urgently, otherwise your account can be blocked by the Moderator and you will be subject to penalty.

IP address: xx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    Account: xxxxxxxxx
    Start of disability: 2011-11-04 00:00:00 CET (Central European Time)
    End of disability: 2011-11-04 00:10:00 CET (Central European Time)
    Reason:
    Cascading. Increased number of requests for decoding sent to the server (limit is 360 requests per hour)

How can I stop this from happening ?

I am a total newb to be honest. I know how to ftp into the box, is there a file I can edit to stop this happening? or a reason for the offline/ login loop in newcamd? I have set all the routers correctly and we are all on the same server with the same packages, it's just the 1 box i'm having trouble with.

The way I set the boxes up was through the network menu on the openbox and adding a cfg file in the cccam menu

Many thanks for reading

• Hi, Are all your boxes on the same firmware? I found that the version OPENBOX_S10_110914 as the most stable. There is OPENBOX_S10_1011.RAR unless you need to hide your clines and avatarcam, this is almost the same as before. Also are you sharing one nline? or have a nline each for the boxes?

You can also do a factory reset on this box and manually add the nline and try. lastly are you all using the same internet provider? if so try the problem box on another provider, ie via mobile broadband if available.

• Thanks for replying n95k
    The boxes are all the same firmware. The only difference is the persons box that i'm having trouble with has a motorized dish and it's set up for 2 sats, (UK 28.2 and Turksat).
    What we did at the weekend was to delete all the turksat subscription channels as he only uses the free ones from that sat.
    So far this seems to have solved the problem and I like the moto, if it's not broke don't fix it! So at them moment all is good for now. Thank you very much for the reply though, much appreciated :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!