vu+ duo red light + starting...

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 800 times. The last Post () by codar.

• Hi
    I came home and found the display with a red light and starting>... screen instead of the usual standby clock.
    I rebooted but no difference. After several days of trying to reflash box with images. cfe 3.0 bootloader, and using different usb sticks, Ive run out of ideas.
    The box isn't reading the usb port, and using vutils or optiflasher doesn't do anything.
    Reading around, I have been told that it could be
    security key
    capacity (c807?)
    power supply

BTW I just realised what may have caused it may have been a power failure while I was out, does this make sense (but there were no relays tripped or anything to suggest this). It was running an openvix 3.0 image at the time

Does anyone have advice on this one, which is best way to check it out etc
    any feedback appreciated

• Thankx for replies
    I am waiting for the capacitor, but I think that the problem may be different cos it has the red light AND >starting... in the display which I am currently tying to figure out

• I have never came across it (as i don't own a duo) but this was reported:

http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=46600&page=2

Please try disconnecting everything (hdd's/usb's etc) and try flashing again before disassembling your receiver.
    Also, the method described in the above linked posts are for a genuine vu duo (may not necessarily work on clones)
    Please note rule 11:

<11> Some information contained in this forum may damage your equipment or your viewing card, DOWNLOAD AND USE AT YOUR OWN RISK !!! , we cannot be held responsible for your damaged equipment.

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!