tuner problem when recording

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,281 times. The last Post () by codar.

• Hi everyone,
    can somebody help or advise with the following :
    i have my solo2 tuners set as follows
    tuner A...28.2e ( s** dish )
    tuner B...USALS ( motorised)
    Normally all ok ,but ive notice a few times when recording on A .. i cannot use tuner B ..
    just says no free tuner.
    I did try swapping and checked all cables etc..but still happens ..any ideas ? Thanx:thumb:

• Have i selected the wrong tuner as priority ?
    B was the selected tuner ...thank you

- - - Updated - - -

im still able to watch 28e

- - - Updated - - -

i am recording from 28e and went to 19e..thats when it came up / no free tuner/

- - - Updated - - -

i am recording from 28e and went to 19e..thats when it came up / no free tuner/

- - - Updated - - -

i know its something simple...must be old age

- - - Updated - - -

i never had probs with my old vu duo

- - - Updated - - -

any more help would be nice

• I have a similar setup and I set tuner priority to auto and tuner priority for recordings set to disabled and this works well most of the time...
    From what I read in the past, recordings should choose the tuner with the least number of satellites - thus using the fixed dish first, leaving the tuner with the motor available...

- - - Updated - - -

Also make sure that under Record, that "Recordings always have priority" is set to "yes".

• Official Post

The way that most images work is that they leave the most viewable options available. So be default, it will always go to the tuner with the list available services, i.e the fixed tuner will be used.

If you are using Tuner A and there is a recording scheduled (not on same TP), the recording will be done on teh other tuner. Reasons are: 1. You are watching something, do not disturb your viewing. 2. You want to record something.

There is no way to release a tuner while a recording is taking place.

As above, change your preferred tuner for recordings. However, note the tuner occupancy issues. You may also want to make your preferred viewing tuner the motorised one as well.

• If you are using Tuner A and there is a recording scheduled (not on same TP), the recording will be done on teh other tuner. Reasons are: 1. You are watching something, do not disturb your viewing. 2. You want to record something.

As above, change your preferred tuner for recordings. However, note the tuner occupancy issues. You may also want to make your preferred viewing tuner the motorised one as well.

So, it greatly depends on your viewing/recording habits. If you find that often you are watching something on 28e (or left the box on tuned to 28e) and then a timer recording starts on 28e, then the recording will start on the tuner with the motor (B) - which is what you probably don't want. In this case it may be better to set tuner B (motor) to priority. In this setup, if you start watching something on 28e, it will start on tuner B, leaving tuner A free for recording. Then once the recording starts, tuner B will still be free to use for all sats.

Of course if you record often from other sats (tuner B), this may not be a good option...

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!