New to dreambox 800hd looking for help pls

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 964 times. The last Post () by TH3-J0K3R.

• hi guys i own a dm800hd which has been in storage for a couple years, i dont know much about it, i used to use it a while back it was setup via sat dish and connected to the internet and i used to get cable tv with it, but now i am not uysing this service so all the chnnels are basically dead. i know it has openpli software on it but dont know too much about it..

what i am looking to do is install a new image and then connect it to a dreambox iptv server.. but I would not know where to start, if anyone can help me get started i am willing to share my iptv server..

a guide to help from scratch would be great..

thanks in advance :)

• hi dale and thanks for the reply/link. it looks like the guy in that post has a clone dm800 were mine is the legit dm800hd as far as i know.. would it make a dif if i follow the steps in that and use the same image.. also i have never flashed or done anything with a dreambox and i only see one file which is ssl84b.zip is that all i would need?

mine is the legit dm800hd as far as i know

Its important to know this as flashing the wrong image may damage your receiver.
    dale094 linked page is for a second stage bootloader for a clone dreambox, its not an image.
    You may need to flash a newer "second stage" bootloader to use newer images unless you use the online update facility (which normally takes care of this process, that is if your dreambox is a genuine one)
    This will explain it in a bit more detail:

• thanks codar i presume its original but honestly i cant confirm as it wasnt bought from the shops, or online, it was provided to me when i bought a subscription of a bloke locally, he setup my satellite and 2 cams on it, then connected my box and i was getting foxtel and arabic channels. the service started being unreliable and i didnt see fit to continue the subscription.. unfortunatly i dont think i can telnet into the box as i have tried in the past and there is a username/password on it which i presume the guy put it on when selling me the box.. i have tried default passwords and had no luck.. is there another way to tell? what i would like to do is start from scratch install a new image or what ever im supposed to do and this way it will be my settings passwords etc.. this is the numbers on the box. its a dreambox dm800 hd pvr, it has a sticker on the bottom saying dm800pro
    model number is: dm800 hd
    s/n: 66365388136069
    and its mac adress..

• have a look on the site im sure there is a guide on how to rest the user n password ;)

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!