block cards for noobs

There are 25 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,600 times. The last Post () by master G.

• Therefore, everybody should use MINIMUM DOWNHOPS: 1 in their config if they have a server

When running a pc server you need an extra hop to be able to watch yourself, so having shares which cannot be reshared further will give it alot of unecessary work to do and have a big impact on performance.

• Therefore, everybody should use MINIMUM DOWNHOPS: 1 in their config if they have a server

if I may be so permitted to a correction : if you are using a PC SERVER ....just to clear up any confusion,, as this post started as: block cards for noobs which might seem obvious with more experienced users ,, not new users..

• so using a receiver as a server. where/can i remove say all hop3 and above by putting a line somewhere??

how's that for basic?

I think you have posted in the wrong place ,however ,see if this helps:

limit the end of the clines to { 0:0:2 } or if your servers is strong enough to : { 0:0:1 }

• if I may be so permitted to a correction : if you are using a PC SERVER ....just to clear up any confusion,, as this post started as: block cards for noobs which might seem obvious with more experienced users ,, not new users..

Correct - if you are using a PC SERVER
    Thx cazuela

• Official Post

I can see both sides of the argument here and we all have different ideas about how is the best way to manage our servers.
    We do our thing as a hobby and anybody who does it for financial gain is not welcome here. For me its about watching what i want when i want and introducing others to our hobby making friends along the way. Lets just enjoy this while it lasts, CS will not be around forever.

CCcam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for CCcam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!