Streaming to XBMC

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 475 times. The last Post () by joeuser.

• So i have managed to get my box all working but i have a couple of issues.

I have my PI connecting to VU+ box using the VU+ Xbmc application, but have 3 issues

1. It displays some channels Audio and Video like BBC1, however on other channels i only get Audio?

2. It seems to work more like a remote control than a streaming service, so if i change the channel on XBMC it also changes the channel on VU+, i would like it to just use the second tuner instead so i have different channels displayed

3. Which ports do i need to forward on router to allow me to watch TV on laptop when i am away from home

Thanks

• I don't use XBMC, so not sure about issue 1.

2. Look for option "Zap before stream" and un-check it.

3. Port 80 - for web interface and streaming recordings
    Port 8001 - streaming of channels
    Port 8002 - transcoded streaming of channels
    Port 8003 - transcoded streaming of recordings

NOTE!!! Make sure you enable authentication for webserver AND streaming (two separate options) and I highly recommend you use non-standard ports for the outside connections. Many routers allow you to map an outside port to different internal port (ie port 9001 on internet will connect to port 8001 your VU+.) If your router does not support this, the default ports can be changed on the VU+, but it is not as easy as doing it with the router...

VU+ DUO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!