TunerServer For Open Black Hole

There are 14 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,509 times. The last Post () by TH3-J0K3R.

• Noon all :)

ok so i am looking to find out how to install the following

http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=71626

onto open-blackhole , but i dont know what location to place onto VU Duo could anyone point me in the right direction
    i have tried the following location

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins

but could not see any where the exstension or where to activate it

Many Thanx in advance

H0nch0

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

• did i have the right location above ?
    ive not played about with Pli for years n tbh was just using yer backups for ages anah, as i had grown lazy in my old age lol

i had seen someone edited one for vix so it was accessible via network settings and sure there was a openpli workible ver anah but could be wrong mind you

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

Edited once, last by Honcho ().

• Official Post

The attached version from the github seems to be working.. Extract the TunerServer folder and FTP to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions > Restart enigma2. You will find it in plugins menu / green button..

a406d50f6a52a.png

• if you get the error
    no module named boxbranding

make a new file call it

boxbranding.py

in that put

Code
    def getImageDistro():
        "mipsel"

put boxbranding.py in the TunerServer folder

restart enigma2

• The attached version from the github seems to be working.. Extract the TunerServer folder and FTP to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions > Restart enigma2. You will find it in plugins menu / green button..

a406d50f6a52a.png

Many Thanx , ill report back how i get on :) grabbing the now

Cheerz ill let yah know how i get on

UPDATE :

installed ok , only checked so far on wifi but it was stuttering will check if ports are same as on blackhole and amend port forwarding if necessary
    ill check via CAT5 as it should be tbh , just know i had it working on wifi beforehand not that it matters really lol, never got the error as davo suggested i might get but thanx for letting me know anyway as im sure ill come accross it at some point :)

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

• You may wish to try the Remote Channel Stream Convereter plugin too. You dont have to setup mounts to use it.

sorry abu baniaz i have not seen or heard of this plugin yet , can you link to me to it please , what can you connect via with it installed

i have to re-flash now as skin malfunction , well end user malfunction really hahhahhaha , but there's a update open-BlackHole so ill use that this time as base in repost update to the one i posted yesterday , prbs mora at some point

Many Thanx In Advance

H0nch0

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

• Official Post

It should be in the plugin feeds for your image. It works in a similar way to partnerbox. You install it on the client receiver, configure the IP addressa and usernamepassword of server receiver. Slect whcich bouquets you wantto import. You can then use tuner in server receiver with the client receiver. Teh client receiver does not even need a tuner in it.

Uploaded here
    http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=85121&p=275915&viewfull=1#post275915

• it would be Kodi Devices id be connecting via , but am still interested, i will have a look and see if it available on open-BlackHole

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

• I am not sure exactly what you are trying to do with this plugin, but something similar can be done with OpenWebif. Under the Bouquet tab, if you click on the small TV icon next to the bouquet name, it will save a playlist with all the channels from the bouquet.

• I am not sure exactly what you are trying to do with this plugin, but something similar can be done with OpenWebif. Under the Bouquet tab, if you click on the small TV icon next to the bouquet name, it will save a playlist with all the channels from the bouquet.

yeah i know we can do this via vlc player and pc laptop ect ect , been able to that since dbox and xbmc on xbox days still got ma crystal xbmc wi navix lol
    nut what im trying to do is use what kit i have to build a media of content in any room , via network n various kit ie , smartTv,wetek,Vu Duo,laptop,PC's whilst still been able to bounce in via Ps3 / droid n IOS .

see i have a quasimo g40 haus n khan Dvb-T with Kodi ,this has Tunes off-course as the 5.1 is eminence , Vu Duo Dvb-s2 , Wetek nandOe, Iphone 3GS in docking station full oh tunes, Pc Full of tunes , recorded stuff movies ect ect , in the obv various devices that all connect daily ps3 blah blah blah , now depending on where i am in what im doing i wanna be able connect it all together via Kodi and distribute to every device on demand , i know i could go in buy dvb pc cards in do it differently but dont reall see the point in its less fun really :)

i am off course utilizing the air play and PVR side of Kodi alot hence why i am choosing VDR on wetek as easiest to use for me , it does interest me though to see what can be done on wetek with partnerbox or remote adon as a snap in DVB-C as Server is easily achieved and then poss be accessing Dvb-C on Vu-Duo that way , had seen a usb one addon for VU but 6x the cost of Dvb-C tuner from wetek , ive moved to open-blackhole to have more flexibility in plugins , i am just used to blackhole now and Xbmx/Kodi on everything i own really just dont wanna shell out on any new VU+ receivers till the VU+ finally dies on me , she's done me proud though her HDMI is gone blank but scarts still holding up fine :) in then they go ill try the pin connectors probably then ill be forced to upgrade

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

• I wasn't necessarily suggesting to use OpenWebif as the interface for streaming, just another tool to create playlist(s) of your bouquets - which is essentially all that TunerServer does. Of course if you have a lot of bouquets and they change often, TunerServer would make it easier to maintain a current set of playlists.

I looked a little into options for universally sharing media around my network and did not find any great solutions. For now I just use one NFS/CIFS server where most of my media is stored. I can mount it and see all the media with various devices and various applications on each device. I also ended up making a mod to OpenWebif so that instead of streaming recorded media, it provides a CIFS link directly to the file on the server so the media does not have to go from the server to my stb then back out to my devices. My stb already mounts the server for all recordings, so through OpenWebif I can see the "movie" folder as well as all the other folders on the share which includes music, movies, etc.

• Not did any CIFS share tbh , would not know where to start but that does sound very interesting and would save on alot oh resources , networking is not my strongest point tbh , i can get by ok enough but nah a network guru
    i got the Tuner Server working all good over wifi internal via dyndnds ill test later via another external network.

so what mod did you do on the webif

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

• I made some changes to replace the transcoding option (which my alien does not use) to create a .m3u file with a CIFS link directly to the file on the server. ( from: http://<stb ip>:8002/hdd/movie/<filename> to: \\<cifs server>\<share>\<path>\<filename>)

Not sure if I will have time tonight, but when I get a chance I will post the changes I made...

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry it took so long, but I had to make some small changes before posting my mod here....
    http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=85202

• sweet, it will be a cpl oh days for me to play with it, so i have to add every stream to it or just a txt file in the folder ?

i have never did any shares by xbmc server via upnp tbh , lol i ken but i always need ma memory jogged sign oh a mispent youth lol :)

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!