Zgemma or stay with Vu+solo

There are 16 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,323 times. The last Post () by ekkostar.

• I have a Vu+solo and i am thinking of upgrading as my mate wants my old faithful box.

I have had dreamboxes and other similar boxes over the years.

Twin tuner is not really needed , but is the Zgemma box quicker and better than the vu+solo or just the same?

Hard to tell from reviews tbh.

• If you want budget receiver with good Official support see below:

Golden Interstar from £79 http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/golden-interstar

Technomate TM-Nano-SE £89, faster than any of the above receivers, it has a Dual Threading CPU http://www.world-of-satellite.…ers/Technomate-TM-Nano-SE

VU+ Zero £99 http://www.world-of-satellite.…Receivers/Vu/VU-Plus-Zero

Miraclebox Mini+ £119 http://www.world-of-satellite.…-Mini-Plus-HD-1x-dvb-s-s2

world-of-satellite-banner.gif
    Official Sponsor of the OpenViX Team

Official Distributor of Formuler, Edision, GiGaBlue, Mut@nt Technomate, VU+, and many more...

Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!

PRICE MATCH PROMISE - WE'LL TRY TO MATCH ANY UK PRICE*

*SEEN ANY PRODUCT CHEAPER? CONTACT US AND WE’LL TRY TO MATCH LIKE FOR LIKE!

• I have not used zgemma but have used the solo and the golden interstar LX1 AND LX2 from forum sponsor i also test many boxes i can recommend the LX boxes and i rate them as the best value for money box i have ever used and my LX2 has become my main box i am so delighted in this box i will be ordering more for friends but the main thing is not just how good and its GOOD!!! the performance of the box is but the support that is offered by teams and knowing the box will be supported in the future and i know the sponsor will make sure its supported --i cannot speak for any of the other boxes listed by the sponsor but i have well tested the golden interstar and i rate them highly but im sure as always all the boxes he lists are very well supported

Helping others is always a better feeling than helping yourself

Edited once, last by THE FUGITIVE ().

• Official Post

Just to add the zgemma s2 has the same chipset as the xpeed lx1/lx2. It is also officially supported by openATV openDROID openHDF Italy sat and Eurosat. I have bought them for as little as £52 depending on exchange rate...

• Just to add the zgemma s2 has the same chipset as the xpeed lx1/lx2. It is also officially supported by openATV openDROID openHDF Italy sat and Eurosat. I have bought them for as little as £52 depending on exchange rate...

I think you forgot to mention that Zgemma are behind many clones boxes such as the Cloud i Box which everyone knows are clones of other models, they falsely claim OpenViX support, oh and finally perhaps you should Google 'Zgemma Safety'.

End of the day members can buy what they like, but any goods that we sell do not come loaded with false claims and have proper warranty and support.

world-of-satellite-banner.gif
    Official Sponsor of the OpenViX Team

Official Distributor of Formuler, Edision, GiGaBlue, Mut@nt Technomate, VU+, and many more...

Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!

PRICE MATCH PROMISE - WE'LL TRY TO MATCH ANY UK PRICE*

*SEEN ANY PRODUCT CHEAPER? CONTACT US AND WE’LL TRY TO MATCH LIKE FOR LIKE!

Edited 2 times, last by world-of-satellite.co.uk ().

• Just to add the zgemma s2 has the same chipset as the xpeed lx1/lx2. It is also officially supported by openATV openDROID openHDF Italy sat and Eurosat. I have bought them for as little as £52 depending on exchange rate...

At that price it makes £100 boxes seem very dear.

It's a lot of box for very little money.

• When i came into the hobby it was common to pay 1k and above for boxes like drake and echostar -monterray was even more expensive i cried recently taken a few of these old boxes to the skips lol so the boxes have shot down in price over the years --just to mention the sponsor mentioned warranty which is important but what i must say as a buyer from the WOS is if i order one day it is delivered the next that is first class in my opinion

As you can see from some of the boxes i use i like German boxes this is my preferrance everyone has there own favourites but i must say i have never had a issue with German boxes and this is why i would buy another GOLDEN INTERSTAR but also the price is unbelievable for a box that offers so much.

• The market and many people are influenced significantly by price. There are a lot of boxes that offer so much nowadays. Take your pick.

A twin tuner zgemma for approx £50? It's hardly surprising it's so popular. You can buy 2 for the price of one of the others.

At those prices the philosophy is if it works it works, got nothing to lose. It's compelling an argument for many. If it works, you're quids in.

People will buy it, stick an 'Open - whatever' image on it, use it for a year or so and then bin it.

Edited 4 times, last by ekkostar ().

• Cheers for all the info on this post, much appreciated.
    I came in to the SAT side of things on a brand new Dreambox 7000s and if my memory serves me right it cost me over £500 with the dish etc.

For £70 delivered and with warranty then for now my choice is a Zgemma Star s2 with new figure of 8 power cable.

My Vu+solo as served me well but i was told it was genuine and i don't think it is as images no longer work (new ones, old are fine).

• Cheers for all the info on this post, much appreciated.
    I came in to the SAT side of things on a brand new Dreambox 7000s and if my memory serves me right it cost me over £500 with the dish etc.

For £70 delivered and with warranty then for now my choice is a Zgemma Star s2 with new figure of 8 power cable.

My Vu+solo as served me well but i was told it was genuine and i don't think it is as images no longer work (new ones, old are fine).

Theres a guide on here on how to tell if its a real SOLO or not , that been said it could just be the bootloader that needs updated <
    what image are you running ok and what is your bootloader ? , what images you tried that failed as this can help to see what boot loader your on as changes happen by image update offcourse

H

- - - Updated - - -

if twin tuner not a problem then zero m8 , i aquired one from here via staff and i must say its tiptop better spec than yer cpl year job like starview , do it for kicks feckers in old days , i been using VU for long tym now
    and there rock solid end off, as ive always seen it buy good use long , and its been a long time since duo been oot its still running smooth as babys ass :) if yer botherd aboot 50 sheets cost feck yer pal n ill buy yer solo for that 50 sheets as i honestly think yer nuts n may aswell buy a clone for how long it will stay the pace, the VU RANGE are very well build , and thats where it matters , buy good my good sir n that offer oh paying diff on zero if single tuner ok for you postage yah pay that lol

:P

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

• I am pretty sure it's a clone. It has no com port etc. The box has been bomb proof and even when i flash the newest Vix or Blackhole all that happens is it wont boot up, i simply re flash it with older image and it's fine.

This is why i am now buying a legit box so that in two years i can stil use genuine images.

Probably stick the Vu+Solo on gumtree.

• I can cetainly see your point because unlike the days im talking about when boxes averaged 1k each new boxes are brought out every month or so now and the hobby is changing that quick its very hard to keep up to date with it but my philosiphy is buy from a trusted source because of support and warranty for instance if i bought from china and something went wrong then would they repair it and would i incur postage charges i have admittedly bought one of my XTRENDS direct from Germany but up to now i have not encountered problems but in this day and age boxes change very quickly so i do see your point but personally i still like to buy from a source i know will support the box

• I can cetainly see your point because unlike the days im talking about when boxes averaged 1k each new boxes are brought out every month or so now and the hobby is changing that quick its very hard to keep up to date

It's not really my point. It is how the market is.

Obviously I also know the market as it was way back then and those sorts of products commanding those prices have long gone e.g.Monterrey, Drake etc etc

I fully endorse buying quality genuine products. However, you cannot condone people that want to buy a £50 box that in their mind does everything they need for a fraction of the cost. The fact that it does becomes increasingly hard to argue against.

Unfortunately the latter quite significantly appeals to a very large proportion of people. Ultimately it's 'peoples monies and peoples choices' and you can never argue against that.

• Theres nothing that cant be made cheaper
    those who think on price alone
    are that mans lawful pray

as a old sales moto goes ;)

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

• It's not determined merely on price of product alone. There are other things such as margins, profit and cost of support to add on that ultimately determine what 'you' the end customer pays.

Some manufacturers will go razor thin on margins and minimise the level of support. That does not always necessarily mean the product is intrinsically bad or poor quality.

It's no different to shops 'pushing' certain products. They sell you what they want to sell you. It's a very convoluted market.

Ultimately it begs the question. If they can knock out a ZGemma for £50..... to coin another phrase....it puts the cat out amongst the pigeons.

Edited once, last by ekkostar ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!