CrossEPG crashing Alien2 on autoupdate

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,710 times. The last Post () by pauldb.

• Hi All,

As subject really, I have an Alien 2, running Vix4E2 2.0.003

It has CrossEPG installed and it all actually works very well, however I have the CrossEPG to auto download its content at 4am every morning, and when it does so it crashes the receiver.

When I get to the box there is nothing displayed on the TV and the LCD on the front just says CrossEPG. The only way to recover this is by a hard reset. Removing the auto-update fixes this behaviour.

The box is a very basic setup, with a Vix2 Blue HD skin and autoboquets just set to receive 28.2 Sly channels in SD.

Any idea why this might be happening?

Gavin.

• Hi,

Yes the EPG saves to a USB key formatted in EXT4.

I have chatted to Antony and he is very defensive about this image. I use it as it has the look of a Sly box, and makes it easier to use for the kids and the wife. However, he has now told me that he will no longer assist me with any issues with the image. Dont know what to do really.

• well thats not suprising then, join the long list of people

,is it the fact you like the skin, if so theres other images you could try that have the same style skin

the less people use vix4e2 the better

like i said on other posts i wont help or fix problems to do with this image if the image creator cant be bothered himself, try another image and i would glady help you

• Sounds like it could be an issue with the cache or temp files- what else do you have running?

Try leaving it on over night but stop oscam- this can create a lot temp/log files if mis-configured

Can you post the log files?

• Hi,

Im happy to try other images, and will have a look at some over the weekend when I have a bit of time. OpenATV with the BlueHD skin might well be the way forwards??

I do have the latest OSCAM running with a single connection to a NewCamD provider, Ill find and post the log files below.

Gavin.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't find the relevant log files however - where exactly on the Amiko are they held?

Gavin.

• wouldnt bother with openatv, it gets itself bogged down and stops, looks nice has all the plugins and installs great for a newbie, but thats were it ends,i think you will find most are using hdmu or pkt

if you like the look of the blue hd skin look at what captainblastxd did with his back up or mine(with cable) both on hdmu ,but have a play you may find one that suits

• Paul - thanks ill give the image that you created a try and see how i get on.

Daft question though - what is the difference between Cross EPG and Cool TV Guide, I see that they are sometimes included in images, but are they separate EPG's or do they compliment each other?

Gavin.

• Cross epg downloads your epg data, (receiver uses it to gather epg data from either satellite stream/internet depending on how it is configured)
    Cool tv guide is a graphical user interface plugin which displays the cross epg data (and also deals with timers/ scheduled recordings etc)
    You need cross epg configured properly to run cool tv guide (otherwise cool tv guide won't have any epg data to display)

• Paul - thanks ill give the image that you created a try and see how i get on.

Daft question though - what is the difference between Cross EPG and Cool TV Guide, I see that they are sometimes included in images, but are they separate EPG's or do they compliment each other?

Gavin.

mate i dont create images, wish i did, all credit goes to HDMU pkt and the like, they are the ones that need all the thanks as with out them the stb will be no more

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!