Motor

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 826 times. The last Post () by ILM16.

• Hey,

I can't seem to get my VU to move the motor, I've set the longitude and latitude.

Nothing seems to happen :(

Tuner A is set to 'Simple', 'USALS'.

• hi ILM16
    is the motor not turning at all when changing sats?
    or dose it turn but not get a picture and just shows the motor on your tv screen?

what motor is it?
    as it any LEDS on it?
    as it locked up may need resetting.

• hi ILM16
    is the motor not turning at all when changing sats?
    or dose it turn but not get a picture and just shows the motor on your tv screen?

It shows the 'motor' moving image and I don't hear it moving.

I've managed to get it to move the motor without USALS but each satellite needs a large position movement to get the signal.

The issue I'm now having after tuning 28.2E, 19.2E and 16E is that I've tried to add 23.5E but it's not saving it. That is to say - I can't fine tune it. It's not an option, as if it's not been saved.

• if its moving on usals but still out then you need to start again as its not setup right.
    when you 1st setup the motor it needs to be on 0 and then move the motor on the pole to find your nearest sat to zero.
    i live in uk yorkshire so mine is thor 0.8
    if your motor is set at zero and you are getting a signal. check your long and lat is right and your motor will follow the arc.
    might need tweaking to get max out from the weaker sat.

but it sounds that you are off from the start so if you are only looking for 1 sat.
    just go to the nearest sat and use the remote and move the dish manual and when you get a signal and save.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!