Selfsat orientation tips!

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 772 times. The last Post () by joeuser.

• Someone can give me some tips on how to point my Selfsat for Hispasat 1C / 1D ?
    I live in Funchal in Madeira .
    Tried to use satfind but still get L=89 Q=0 in my Alien 2+ .
    Thank you !

• Another tip which is pretty obvious is that Madeira being of Portuguese language, most of your neighbours will have their dishes pointing towards 30ºW...
    in settings make sure you have LNB: ON
    Open the box on a strong frequency, i.e: Hispasat 1E @ 30 west 11810 V 27500 CNN Int
    leave it open on this channel, now simply move the dish to the general direction of 30ºW.
    Once you get a signal, move from up/down very slowly to tweak the signal ot its strongest point.
    lock the dish then try other frequencies/channels...

• I usually use a cheap satfinder I picked up for less than £10 to get it close then use my phone/tablet with Vu+ Player app to fine tune. Some sats can be found with just using the app, but with the slight delay, it can be a slow tedious process. Using the inline satfinder is much quicker and easier.

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!