****clones ****

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 771 times. The last Post () by THE FUGITIVE.

• I prefer to buy only original products, but the factors are many, the original product will become more expensive and not everyone can buy them so you buy a clone that pretty much does the same thing but the quality of the hardware is sometimes very poor.

robijay signature.gif

" Errare humanum est, perseverare autem diabolicum "

• Official Post

My first ever linux receiver was an eagle which was a dm500 clone, at the time i didn`t realise i was buying a clone, but its still working to this day, over 5 years later.. So some clones can be worth the risk..

Nowadays the options are plenty and original receivers are well priced to the point you don`t ever need to buy a clone..

• i have a vu duo2 and i know its good as i bought it from the uk distributor and i love it as per last post im looking for something cheap and simple for my nice whats the zgemma s2 like ? thats another i have been offered cheers

• The zgemma is a great receiver that many pretend to be a XP1000 clone. Unfortunately I have to refute. First of all we should not take at face value everything that they say. The clone of the XP1000 is cloudibox and not zgemma. To be cloned in a box theory today is considered, a box that uses the driver of X into a Y decoder.
    In fact, if we take the driver of the XP1000 and put it in the cloud we will have a normal startup of the box. In the driver there are also hardware information of course, then also code on tuners.
    Zgemma has proprietary drivers, remember that a driver .ko is not in any way changed, as if we want to add support to a tuner you can not do, if you do not have the sources .. especially the driver must be compiled for that specific kernel version, and they must go hand in hand.
    XP1000 has a 3.12 kernel is the zgemma 3:14 tells us that it is not possible that it is a clone.
    But above all it has well zgemma 3 .ko with different byte .. a tuner dvb-t different (in fact the cloud sucked the tuner because they had to clone that too).
    Besides, there's constant updates on drivers zgemma and XP1000 is stopped 1 year.
    To date no one has released a driver source code.

For quality and price I consider it a good buy.

robijay signature.gif

" Errare humanum est, perseverare autem diabolicum "

• Clones

+Clones price is usually very much cheaper - Sometimes hardware can be a failure
    +Many forums and teams support them - Warranty is not always honoured

At the end of the day it is a total personell choice and of course what your pocket allows i think some clones are very well supported and seem to be used a lot without issue --personally i think many original boxes now have become cheaper so allowing many people to buy original boxes but the two things in favour of the original box is the warranty (you dont have to send a box abroad if you bought it abroad) and the support is sometimes better for original boxes --but the clone still allows us to do what we like to do best watch TV lol

Helping others is always a better feeling than helping yourself

• Clones

+Clones price is usually very much cheaper - Sometimes hardware can be a failure
    +Many forums and teams support them - Warranty is not always honoured

Dont forget that clones can also be bricked by timebombs and similar tactics by original manufacturers.

I've bought clones in the past ,Dm500 ,Dm600 and Dm800 and they are still going strong.
    I bought them because they were a fraction of the price of an official receiver and Dream Multimedia's pricing is ludicrous.

Would I buy a clone as a receiver nowadays ?
    I dont think so .
    As others have said the price of original receivers is much more reasonable now and you can get a lot of bang for your buck.
    You get a warranty and piece of mind that the hardware will last and you dont have to worry about patching images or time bombs rendering your receiver a doorstep.

• Got to agree with you 100% and personally i would not buy a clone now for the exact reasons you have mentioned many of the original boxes are very much cheaper than they used to be so making them affordable to most people without the chance of them been loaded with a timebomb image and as you have said warranty plays a massive part when considering a new box.
    It is of course down to someones own personell budget and maybe they can save a few pounds by buying a clone and some get really good write ups and personally i have nothing against anyone buying/using a clone as it gives them a insight into this great hobby and at the end of the day all boxes will allow us all to watch TV.

Helping others is always a better feeling than helping yourself

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!