Crossepg wont update

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,383 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• Hi all
    A couple of days ago crossepg stopped updating either automatically or manually.
    Basically when I do a manual update it pops up at the bottom of the screen 'starting downloading' but it doesn't read the channels then it just pops back to the menu screen.

I've tried to delete the EPG file from the USB stick with enigma shutdown using a telnet session but no success.

Box is solo2 and black hole image. I've only had it a few months and it's my first so my knowledge is limited with these things.

Help please!!!

• I'll try to answer all in one go.
    The box came fully setup and has worked flawlessly for a few months. I've had run through the tutorial already and all settings are fine. The usb stick is mounted. EPG provider is *ky UK at 28.2. Il look up the image version if someone can tell me where to find it ( bear with me I'm new!!!)

• Are both feeds to the receiver working? (can you record a channel and watch any other channel)
    Blackhole is up to 2.1.6 now so your image could do with updating also.
    Before you attempt an update though, are you sure your receiver is not a clone as updating a clone receiver with an official image may brick it.

iBffBYU.png

Edited once, last by codar ().

• Just tried a recording and watching a different channel. There are only a few alternative channels that work but most don't so there must be something wrong with the second feed. How would I check to see if the box is a clone?

• How would I check to see if the box is a clone?

The price you paid will be the first give away..... up until a while ago a genuine solo2 was £249 new, now they are £209...... also where did you buy this box from? was it an authorised seller?

Also have a read of this guide.... Vu+ SOLO2 - How To Tell Difference Between Original & Clone

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Ok guys seem to have fixed it now. Spent some time checking the wiring and all is fine. I was using the satfinder tool in Menu/setup/service searching/satfinder to check signal. Randomly when in tuner 2 I changed the transponder setting from manual to predefined then back to manual and suddenly tuner 2 started to receive a good signal and locked. I've tried restarting to ensure it holds and have tried recording and watching another at the same time and seems fine. Crossepg also updates fine. You guys any idea what could have caused it?

- - - Updated - - -

It was bought from lovemydreambox.

• You have partly answered that question your self buddy.... if the tuner configuration was set for two feeds and one was not receiving a signal then crossepg would have stopped updating as it always looks to use a free tuner...... in your case it would have been trying the tuner that you had no signal on. If only one tuner had been configured and you went to update crosseog then whatever channel you were watching at the time would have went black until crossepg had stopped using that feed to update.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!