Correct tuner settings with triple tuner

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 867 times. The last Post () by THE FUGITIVE.

• Hi friends i have a 1meter motorised dish with quad LNB 4 FEEDS and TM2600 MOTOR im expecting a xtrend 8000 triple sat tuner does anyone know the correct tuner settings i.e. usuals tuner A SIMPLE -POSITINER-LONG-LAT-
    TUNER B IS IT EQUAL TO TUNER A OR SECOND FEED FROM TUNER A
    then what is tuner C

I should know this as ive been motorised since the very begining but having tried another triple tuner i found issues with the tuners not been reconised and will it depend on image for the settings above -i realise this is a difficult question to answer as i dont have the box yet (im expecting it) but maybe someone with a motored dish and a quad or triple tuner reciever has experiance of it --i appreciate any advice

Helping others is always a better feeling than helping yourself

• Official Post

The tuner config should depict what is connected to it.

If the cable to a tuner controls the motor, it has to be the motorised options.
    If the cable to the tuners are connected to the same LNB as the the one on the motorised dish, but cannot conrol the motor because they go direct to the LNB, they must be configured as "2nd cable of motorsied LNB". Even for a third tuner, ignore the "2nd", receiver just needs to know that it is on the motor but can't move it. That way receiver knows that wherever the motor is pointed at is what these tuners can use.

If you use "same as/equal to" receiver will think that it is the same/equal. i.e a motor that it can control. These are wrong.

Maybe this picture helps
    http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=83576&p=271738&viewfull=1#post271738

As extar information
    There are peopple with two motorsied dishes connected to one receiver, ths is why you get an option chose which tuner they are the 2nd cable of. So if one motor was pointing at 0.8w and another was pointing at 28,2e, receiver can know where it is pointing.

• GREAT answer and many thanks i just needed that clarifying as i have not used a triple tuner on a motorised dish before much preferring in the past single or dual tuners but never a triple so thanks very much for a great explanation

Helping others is always a better feeling than helping yourself

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!