anyone got a eagle mini or 800hd

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,375 times. The last Post () by jojo36.

• hi
    as anyone got a new eagle mini or the eagle 800hd yet.
    wanting some feedback if you can.
    price looks good but wanted to know if any problems with it ?.
    whats epg like?

cheers gaz

• only looking for a cheap 2nd hd box for the bedroom.
    but must have good epg.
    and can run off my debian server.
    could go for openbox....spiderbox....or eagle....any more?
    but like i said need good epg as i dont want to take tv mag to bed...

and about the dm800 hd i think i would got abit more and get the vu solo as i love my vu duo........

• Like Gaz i'd be interested in the Eaglebox HD!

But owning a spiderbox and seeing plenty openboxes i'm iffy about getting another client closed sourced box..

Support only seems to last about a year and dies off then!

Think the closed sourced is telling already from early comments on alsh@at

however it is slow to decode when compared to my old eagle

• The eagle mini/eagle 800hd/openbox only have now and next epg so best to avoid these boxes

you could get a cheap clone dm800 or the tm800 the price seems to have dropped a lot at some retailers

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.

• Mine arrived this morning - will post back with my findings - the EagleBox Mini that is. Unpacked it, and only negative is no batteries for the remote, and the usual bad translation in the manual, but who reads the manual! Strikingly tiny, you are talking Jean Pocket tiny - I can confirm it fits in my pocket! It has LNB IN and LNB OUT, one USB port, HDMI, and the remote works with a remote eye so you can pop the unit behind the telly and use the remote fine. Has other sockets such as RS-232, AV and Digital Audio, Anyway, I need to have a play with it!

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Here is a review of the Eagle BOX MINI HD by silverfox0786

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.

• Mine arrived this morning - will post back with my findings - the EagleBox Mini that is. Unpacked it, and only negative is no batteries for the remote, and the usual bad translation in the manual, but who reads the manual! Strikingly tiny, you are talking Jean Pocket tiny - I can confirm it fits in my pocket! It has LNB IN and LNB OUT, one USB port, HDMI, and the remote works with a remote eye so you can pop the unit behind the telly and use the remote fine. Has other sockets such as RS-232, AV and Digital Audio, Anyway, I need to have a play with it!

The wife won't notice it at all so ;)

• can you add bouquets to this receiver like the ordinary eagle box using dcc any help is much appreciated also were can you get the cccam for it

• can you add bouquets to this receiver like the ordinary eagle box using dcc any help is much appreciated also were can you get the cccam for it

No its a bit like the spiderbox and the openbox..

Closed souced linux, so it has its own channel lists different from everything else..

And cccam is integrated in the firmware..

• ok got one off these boxes a few weeks back for some reason after watching the box for a while say 5 hours the box just go,s scrambled and the channel will not clear so i have to reboot the box to get the channel back on this has happened quite a few times now is this a patch fault or software anyone else having these problems any help is much appreciated also i am using the latest aquilla patch

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!