Noob question

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,132 times. The last Post () by TH3-J0K3R.

• Hi,

Very much a newbie - always had non linux box and updated via USB.

Anyone can explain how DCC or Filezilla works (FTP software?) - does the box need to be connected to the receiver somehow
    (other than the ethernet cable)

Looking at getting VU+ box and was wondering how its updated with new software/plugins etc

thanks
    Jon

• Morning!It's dead easy mate once you've done it a few times.Your box(Vu etc)will be connected to your network via Ethernet or wifi.I have mine connected via Ethernet cable which runs from my Solo2,through my living room wall and upto my bedroom where it is connected to my router.My PC is up there so I find it easier doing it that way.Steady and fast.Then you download a ftp program to your PC/Laptop.Any will do.You've mentioned a couple.I use Flash FXP.They all do the same job.Once you've entered login details usually your box IP address and Username-root,password left blank,you should be connected to your box where you can add numerous stuff.(Plugins,Channel lists etc).The Vu boxes are very easy to update and add plugins.You can add loads of stuff depending on what image you use(Blackhole,Vix,etc.)through the addons page in the menu and re flash a new image via USB so you can try different images to see which suits you best.And the best thing is there is always someone here on this forum to pull you out of the s**t!(Er,I mean help you).I highly recommend the Vu Solo2 but there are many great boxes out there so good luck and ENJOY!!

• Hi,
    Got my new VU+ Zero and flashed with BH 2.1.7, downloaded channel list - now need to install CCCam but
    after reading a fair few posts got myself really confused.
    Just cant figure how FTP the CCCam IPK in to the /tmp file - what is this and where is it? I got DCC to recognise the box/router so green
    but don't know how to use it to update the box or tmp folder. I have C-Line and also need to know where to pu the details

Any tips would be great - can I install via USB stick? I did find a good guide by Master G a while ago but can't find the link now

thanks
    Jon

• there is some back up firmware for zero posted by one of the staff on here that can be installed via usb and all plugins are pre installed if you prefer ;)

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

• Thanks

Yes I can see some of the images already have CCCam installed.
    It would useful to know a bit more about /tmp folder and where it is.
    Is there tutorial for inserting the c-line details so CCCam will work?

Sorry to be a pain
    regards
    Jon

• So I tried the instructions from this thread
    http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=69653 but the box crashed.

So I copied CCcam 2.3.0 & CCcam.cfg(+ addedline details at bottom) from right hand dialogue box in DCC to the etc directory. Is this correct?
    thanks again

what do you mean by "copied CCcam 2.3.0 to /etc "??
    This is not correct..
    You should have followed master G´s post#8 to the letter.
    I had already given you all the highlighted threads in post#3....
    etc folder-> CCcam.cfg
    usr/bin -> CCcam
    usr/Camscript -> CCcam.sh
    usr/uninstall -> CCcam.del

However
    best bet for all your needs is to install our Addons plugin enigma2-plugin-extensions-linuxsat-support-addons_1.2_mips32el.ipk
    From there you can download and it will auto install.
    how to : FTP the IPK over to var/volatile/tmp folder
    then on your remote control pressGREEN-YELLOW ->manually install Ipk packages.
    press OK-> you will see the ipk->press OK-> prompt: yes.
    Full restart of the box .
    look in plugins menu and you will see the Addons-> cams-blackhole 2.x.x -> your choice of cams.
    once restarted after downloading/installing the cam you then press BLUE and use the arrows <- or -> to find installed cam
    then OK to autostart the cam.
    you can also install channel lists ,etc from our Addons...

• read or bookmark all the threads I linked in post #3.
    They will be very handy for you as you are progressing.
    Good to hear youre making progress bud !!
    you should add your box and image version in your signature
    as we still dont know what you have..

• or your own thing as before but that will prob bring you back here reading the above again :)

thing i noticed a long time ago is this read stuff , read it again n again ....... then when u think u gpot it >>>>>>>>> READ IT AGAIN then follow it to the T and you get there.

was told this long time ago from a well know UK cable Scotsman who was there day 1 week1 cable days until do it for kicks. went off reservation ;)
    even to this day i have to mind myself to step outbox in reread stuff , although i cant read but hey google bitch does me fine 70% tym lol

this post is in no way a bite at yah only word of wise given to me in same way as ive always been a show once guy , type to me ooft we could be here all day :P

but as above the linuxsat pannel will cover about 99% of issues you will arise :)

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!