Xtrend 8000 or alternative?

There are 30 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 6,731 times. The last Post () by ekkostar.

• I'm thinking of buying one et8000, has anyone had any experience with them? I'm thinking about a sat and a cable tuner. I have a vu solo 2 which is amazing with openvix, is this similar?

• just got one from the sponsor, was his advice i took.

it's a brill little box, well not so little, but is trully exceptional, it's by far the fastest zapping box i've ever had and i've had many.

for the price it's a bargin, i've now transfered my TM Nano T2 to server duties and use the ET8000 to connect to my peers.

it never misses a beat i'm thrilled to bits with it, got Vix Hades on it runnig CCcam 2.3.0.

depends on what you want to use it for of course, if it's to watch tv then i'd thoroughly recommened it.

regards: canthackit

• I have a few xtrends and i have had the 8000 a few weeks they are superb mate just like all xtrends they are rock solid and as canthackit says never miss a beat the xtrend is a very reliable box and the price the sponsor sells them for is unbeatable --mine i got with 3 sat tuners

Helping others is always a better feeling than helping yourself

• Personally although i love The Xtrend brand VU+ is a winner and save some money get the Vu Turbo tuner DVB-C/T/T2 add it to the solo2 and enjoy a triple tuner with more support for around an extra £60 available from the sponsors

• there is no more support for Vu+ then it is for Xtrend.
    I would recomend you to go for Xtrend realy. Briliant box and in my opinion has beter picture quality. 100% original boxes and not possible to be copied :-)
    Support is good and most major image builders support Xtrend. there is more then you need with Xtrend. the only minus i can see is the disegn but that is upto everyone to diside

I for one have tested many Linux/ Enigma2 boxes but still xtrend is the box i like :-)

• there is no more support for Vu+ then it is for Xtrend.
    I would recomend you to go for Xtrend realy. Briliant box and in my opinion has beter picture quality. 100% original boxes and not possible to be copied :-)
    Support is good and most major image builders support Xtrend. there is more then you need with Xtrend. the only minus i can see is the disegn but that is upto everyone to diside

I for one have tested many Linux/ Enigma2 boxes but still xtrend is the box i like :-)

There are no Blackhole or Blackpole image range for any other receiver on the market apart from Vu+, so in image term wise they have more support

• When XTREND first started to produce the ET9000 there was a version of black hole available but support stopped but black hole is not the only image and although ive not used a solo2 or duo2 so cannot compare ive used many boxes and XTREND is a very good box always rock steady and reliable --personally i get to use many boxes but my favourites as you can see are XTREND --as far as build lets not forget that although they are German they are actually made in Korea just like VU so they are very well made and also as i said earlier if you google the ET8000 for price i would bet honestly you cannot find a cheaper deal than the forum sponsor

• although ive not used a solo2 or duo2

Xtrend are an ok brand with ok support. Build quality of the boxes is good. £ Value of this machine is pretty good.

Overall, however you can't really say they're in the same league as VU+....especially if you have not experienced a Solo2 or Duo2 which can both be considered pioneer/market leading machines. Both having an abundance of support second to none.

• ekkostar
    Please tell me what is better on Solo2 that is not in ET 8000 HD
    Please tell me what is better on Duo2 that is not in ET 10 000 HD

I have tested both Solo2, Duo2, Ultimo, Uno, Duo, SoloSE, Solo, Zero, actualy all the Vu+ models
    then i have tested all the Xtrend moldes, from 4000, 5000, 6000, 6500, 700, 70500, 9000, 9200, 9500, 8000, 8500, and 10 000.
    I would tell you that Xtrend is a much better machine in my opinion, and the reason is simple, stable, better pic, better drivers in my oppinion, , Exchange tuners for most models. Copy protected.

I can allso say that there are boxes like HD2400 HD , or Miraclebox that are even beter then Vu+.

Anyway to chose a box is a bit perosnal preference.

asaphus1 Kodi / xbmc was first introduced on Xtrend, the Vu+ Copy that :-) ask and loo

The only thing you do not find in Xtrend s only black hole, but then again you find other image that you do not get for Vu+.

@Lader49
    Do not buy one of them boxes, they are realy shitty boxes, same as TM boxes, and Iqon boxes, same shit from same factory

• I can allso say that there are boxes like HD2400 HD , or Miraclebox that are even beter then Vu+

Clarke-Tech/Xtrend have been around for quite a while. They produce 'ok' machines and have never really had great take up/success here.

As for your above comment, you are welcome to your opinion. I would doubt it's a majority view though.

Edited once, last by ekkostar ().

• Xtrend are an ok brand with ok support. Build quality of the boxes is good. £ Value of this machine is pretty good.

Overall, however you can't really say they're in the same league as VU+....especially if you have not experienced a Solo2 or Duo2 which can both be considered pioneer/market leading machines. Both having an abundance of support second to none.

I never said they were in the same league i said i could not compare them as i had not used the solo2 or duo2 but having been in this hobby since the very begining nearly 26 years ive used a lot of boxes RIGHT FROM THE EARLY DAYS OF ANALOGUE until now and own a lot of boxes and as i said i get to test boxes and i gave my honest opinion of XTREND buying a box is very much a personell choice but i read what a box is capable of doing and of course what others think of the box and i have never read a bad report of XTRENDS --have you used the new ET8000?

Edited 3 times, last by THE FUGITIVE ().

• Realy ?
    I then appologize as i did not know they have come with that now lateøly
    Would you please lett me know what image has support for Kodi as you say Real Kodi, not addon. I would love to try that out on an Vu+ box
    The addon we are taloking about was first introduced to Xtrend :-)

If Vu+ have the real Kodi then plz just lett me know what image has that so i can test out thanks.

The kodi/xbmc which you get with vu+ is almost the real kodi/xbmc experience (it lacks the pvr addon function), not the kodi direct addon in xtrend boxes.

Ekkostar, is nothing personal mate, it is just an opinion, and belive me i have tested all Enigma2 boxes.
    Vu+ reminds me at the days when DM ruled the marked, but is not as an overkill as many will like it to be.

Vu+ maybe have most hyped and known box, but Xtrend is way superior in my opinion:

Just look at the ET 10 000 HD anc compare the data to the Duo2 and you will see what i mean.

I think it is good to discust what is and not with this boxes, it is good for our hobby to discust and learn from eachother, maybe there are things i have not tested or heard, or maybe there is new functions that have been added.

anyway, if i was to buy a new box now it will not be an Vu+

• There is nothing new about the ET8000. It's been out for well over a year and had considerable problems not being able to transcode, which left it considerably flat from the outset.

The only thing new is this deal or current offer at £159. Sounds like a special to shift stocks. The offer makes it an 'ok' machine at a decent price, end of.

It's nothing personal and I realise you maybe advocating the machine of your personal choice.

Support comes in a number of forms. Manufacturer support, image team support and user support. Xtrend cannot really compare with VU+

If you want an example of user support activity look at the sub forums on this very site to see the scale of difference between VU+ and Xtrend. There's no need to expand on image team support as that is self explanatory.

Edited 2 times, last by ekkostar ().

• @Lader49
    Do not buy one of them boxes, they are really shitty boxes, same as TM boxes, and Iqon boxes, same shit from same factory

Thats a pretty sweeping statement .

The images on the Edision do seem a bit flakey but the images on the Technomate Nano 3T are excellent.
    Nothing wrong with the recent Technomate Linux receivers ,to label them as "shit" sounds like fanboy drivel,and not an objective opinion.

• sounds like fanboy drivel,and not an objective opinion.

Totally agree. There certainly seems to be some drivel being posted as objectivity.

There is nothing new about the ET8000. It's approx 14-15mths old and the machine fell flat at launch as it couldn't transcode. At this current price it represents better value. Albeit with a whiff of 'let's shift some stock'

However, objectively it's an ok machine, with good build quality. You can stick a stable image on, if it works for you, job done.

Xtrend do normally offer a 24mth warranty which is good. I think VU+ have recently upped there's to 36mths now.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm thinking of buying one et8000, has anyone had any experience with them? I'm thinking about a sat and a cable tuner. I have a vu solo 2 which is amazing with openvix, is this similar?

If you are thinking of the change purely for the additional tuner. Then it's better and cheaper to just add the VU Turbo Tuner to the Solo2.

Edited 2 times, last by ekkostar ().

• You seem to form opinions without answering the question have you used one ? i said myself i cannot compare my XTRENDS to vu duo2 as i had not used them but you form opinions without using them maybe you may change your mind if you did --by the way i know of VU support i have a solo and duo and dont need a education in it ive as i said been around this hobby longer than most but i do prefer the boxes as i said thats my preference and ive used most boxes --i agree totally with everything kari says obviously like me he has used them and is very happy with them and obviously like me he has used many boxes --i do not form a opinion on boxes that i have not tested as i said i cannot compare them to VU DUO2 and i respect the many guys opinions of there findings of the duo2 but as i say i dont form a opinion of a box i havent used if you have used the ET8000 or indeed the ET10,000 THEN i would be surprised at your outburst about XTREND

Edited once, last by THE FUGITIVE ().

• Realy guys, common , tell me what is good about the TM the Edison.
    what is TM Nano 3T Basen on, maybe the Iqon Force ????? and you tell me that is a good box, hahhahahhah
    Nothing agains TM or Edison, but they lack the power to be compared with Vu+ or Xtrend or Gigablue or any other comon Enigma2 box. Even Formuler is much much beter then boxes from IQON Facroty.

I have no other agenda and no drive and no need to push any product here, this is my humble opinion. Im NOT like some one that try to hide behind the username.
    And i have tested many boxes to be made fool and belive the boxes made from IQON are good

Please tell me what agenda do i have ?? are you acusing me for having some intrest behind Xtrend or what. and if so how can you backuo your accusations ?
    I give a tos about Xtrend or Vu+ or Edison or TM or any other box brand , and do not care, in my eyes OE brands than produces boxes from IQON factory are pile of shit

I have no need to move stock or no need to have an Agenda behind my posting, as im not in here to sell or buy, but being in the sceen since 30 more years then i know to how to spot an rotten egg from the good one :-)

And if i was an Fanboy then i would not have tested so many boxes and own right now at list 7 Enigma2 boxes right now from diferent facrories :-)
    What makes a fanboy hahahha when he owns many different boxes from diferent sources :-) do i still am an fanboy now that i have no 2 similar boxes in my collection.

why do you make this a personal thing and not come with good arguments :-) i do not like personal attacks but im open to a god discustion on diference on the boxes

excuse my leangue as English is not my leangue but i hope you read bettwen the lines and understand :-)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!