Xtrend 8000 or alternative?

There are 30 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 6,733 times. The last Post () by ekkostar.

• Realy guys, common , tell me what is good about the TM the Edison.
    what is TM Nano 3T Basen on, maybe the Iqon Force ????? and you tell me that is a good box, hahhahahhah
    Nothing agains TM or Edison, but they lack the power to be compared with Vu+ or Xtrend or Gigablue or any other comon Enigma2 box. Even Formuler is much much beter then boxes from IQON Facroty.

Lacks power ?
    Specification wise the TM or Edision are almost exactly the same as the Vu+ Solo2 or the Xtrend 8000 .
    They use the same chipset,have the same amount of Ram and are supported by alot of the same teams .
    How can you say it lacks power ? Its nonsense

The Xtrend receivers are good receivers as are the Vu+ receivers.
    I personally think Vu+ receivers are overrated ,they seem to be hyped up too much as there are plenty of other good receivers with good image support out there now covering a wide range of budgets.
    The Xtrend ET8000 is excellent value at just over two hundred euro for the twin tuner model.

And i have tested many boxes to be made fool and belive the boxes made from IQON are good
    Please tell me what agenda do i have ?? are you acusing me for having some intrest behind Xtrend or what. and if so how can you backuo your accusations ?
    I give a tos about Xtrend or Vu+ or Edison or TM or any other box brand , and do not care, in my eyes OE brands than produces boxes from IQON factory are pile of shit

Where do you think the Xtrend or Clarke Tech receivers are made ?:29_002:
    What factory ?

• Great sensible diplomatic post Fano and there are many great recievers out there with just as much going for them as VU although guys please dont have a go as i said im not comparing just stating that many have same spec and its always a personell preference and if mine tends to be German boxes so be it thats my choice and i respect others choice however i dont understand someone having a go at XTREND if they havent used one but my choice is based on my experiance of using a lot of boxes from different makers and this was how i based my opinion im not working for forum sponsor or anything just answering posts that relate to a type of box i use at the end of the day the type of box could be discussed all day but it comes down to personell choice

Helping others is always a better feeling than helping yourself

• Just what i could digg out of the dusts :-) there are more boxes out there that i can make picture off, that i have not used in a while
    I have to digg dipper but im sure in the atic there is more boxes :-) this in the picteu is the one that i have in my test bench atm :-)

Comparing is carring :-) and life for an old rusty guy like me is not much fun without testing boxes, and lnbs or installing some odd dish setup

Fano, Xtrend is made in South Korea :-)

• Just what i could digg out of the dusts :-) there are more boxes out there that i can make picture off, that i have not used in a while
    I have to digg dipper but im sure in the atic there is more boxes :-) this in the picteu is the one that i have in my test bench atm :-)

Comparing is carring :-) and life for an old rusty guy like me is not much fun without testing boxes, and lnbs or installing some odd dish setup

Wow,I hope you didnt go to all that trouble just for me :17_002:

That's a serious amount of receivers there ,impressive.

I shouldn't have said you were a fanboy ,and I agree with your earlier comments about the Xtrend receivers being good and the Vu+ being overhyped.

What I took umbrage to, were your comments about the Edisions and TM's being shit.
    Technomates and Clarke Tech receivers used to be made in the same factory in Korea,Hub-Tech I think (I'm not sure if that is still the case though)

The early Technomate/Iqon linux receivers were shit I'll give you that ,especially the Tm800.
    I had a Tm500 Super for a while ,it wasnt terrible but it wasnt great either.
    I cant fault the Nano 3T though .

Edited 2 times, last by Fano ().

• Hehehe yeep i did it only for you :-) and if i have time tomorow i will see if i can digg out some old DM and some other stuff, acctualy was nice to see some old things in my collection :-)

that is not even half the garbage i have manage to buy over the years, but this is an hobby. It is like fishing, if you are hooked then you are going to fish for life, same with me and sat hobby i was hooked for life and i spend all my hard earned money on testing. Offcourse over the years this is becoming like an nightmare as im so focused to test out new boxes :-(

Nono, TM and Clarketech have never made Enigma2 boxes on same factory :-) TM uses Iqon, while CT used Xtrend
    and acctualy the Clarke has nothing more common with Xtrend. Xtrend is on it is own nowdays.

In the beggining i was so against the Clarke-Tech with their ET 9000 , as they have had an big mountain with problems, but since Xtrend is on it is own then everything has changed to the best, in my opinion :-)

TM and Clarke-tech made other non Enigma2 boxes on Hub-tech :-) while Enigma2 boxes from TM, Edison, New Megasat , and some other OE Brands they are all made on DAGS :-)

Nowdays im not si exited anymore with Enigma2 boxes, they do not offer anything new anymore, but for an average guy that likes to see tv and have some more things to explare then Enigma2 is fun.
    For more advanced guys then there is not much out there that makes you realy be exited :-(

I was very very extited about the Wetek, but even that is an Exellent box for the money, but not as much exited as i would like it to be.

I wish there will be some thing new soon, as im getting bored to death :-) need new box to put my hand on, there have not been anything exited for the last 5 years on the sat sceene
    everthing seems to have just stop and stay still.

• Realy ?
    I then appologize as i did not know they have come with that now lateøly
    Would you please lett me know what image has support for Kodi as you say Real Kodi, not addon. I would love to try that out on an Vu+ box
    The addon we are taloking about was first introduced to Xtrend :-)

If Vu+ have the real Kodi then plz just lett me know what image has that so i can test out thanks.

Blackhole, openblackhole, VTI, openATV, openVIX, etc.. all have the (almost) proper XBMC/KODI as plugins and it works great. Realy mate, I do not want to make your mind for you, but I remember that I was in the same situation as you are right now and I totaly get you buddy:).
    I 've never owned a xtrem box, but I am realy happy with my solo2 as it does what I need it to do.

Good luck

• Hehehe yeep i did it only for you :-) and if i have time tomorow i will see if i can digg out some old DM and some other stuff, acctualy was nice to see some old things in my collection :-)

that is not even half the garbage i have manage to buy over the years, but this is an hobby. It is like fishing, if you are hooked then you are going to fish for life, same with me and sat hobby i was hooked for life and i spend all my hard earned money on testing. Offcourse over the years this is becoming like an nightmare as im so focused to test out new boxes :-(

Its some collection :welldone:

Nono, TM and Clarketech have never made Enigma2 boxes on same factory :-) TM uses Iqon, while CT used Xtrend
    and acctualy the Clarke has nothing more common with Xtrend. Xtrend is on it is own nowdays.

In the beggining i was so against the Clarke-Tech with their ET 9000 , as they have had an big mountain with problems, but since Xtrend is on it is own then everything has changed to the best, in my opinion :-)

TM and Clarke-tech made other non Enigma2 boxes on Hub-tech :-) while Enigma2 boxes from TM, Edison, New Megasat , and some other OE Brands they are all made on DAGS :-)

Thanks for clearing that up ,its complicated nowadays with all the different set top brands and so many rebadged receivers to know what is exactly what.

Nowdays im not si exited anymore with Enigma2 boxes, they do not offer anything new anymore, but for an average guy that likes to see tv and have some more things to explare then Enigma2 is fun.
    For more advanced guys then there is not much out there that makes you realy be exited :-(

I was very very extited about the Wetek, but even that is an Exellent box for the money, but not as much exited as i would like it to be.

Wetek is promising ,but at the moment its a jack of all trades but a master of none so to speak.It still has time to develop though.
    Most users just want a Linux receiver that will match the functionality of tv platform providers like Sky and Enigma 2 receivers have accomplished that now.

• Xtrend are an ok brand with ok support. Build quality of the boxes is good. £ Value of this machine is pretty good.

Overall, however you can't really say they're in the same league as VU+....especially if you have not experienced a Solo2 or Duo2 which can both be considered pioneer/market leading machines. Both having an abundance of support second to none.

i have a VU+ Duo2 plus previously the VU+ Duo, nice boxes but 2 the became bogged down with apps and progs, this little box the 8000 is different class doing what i want it to do be a satellite receiver for watching tv, this box is amongst the best i've had, there's a long list going way back to the DB7000 etc.

so going back to the OP get this box mate you won't be disappointed.

regards: canthackit

My collection is like yours lol and i praise you for showing us yours mine is in the spare bedroom in the drawers of the double bed lol but its obvious like me you have been around the hobby many many years and my collection consists of XREND-XSPEED-VU-OPTIBOX-OPTICUM-OCTIGON-TM-AND MY GOLDEN OLDIES FROM MY STARTUP TIME DRAKE AND ECHOSTAR LOL i had to skip a drake that cost me 1k and it broke my heart lol but i keep my boxes for memories as some are worthless

onto a point made in this friendly debate about the ET9000 by clarke tech i read a lot were having issues just like someone said about the earlier 9000 but truthfully and honestly i was using my original 9000 until last year without clock issues or any other issue that was reported so maybe i am just lucky with that box lol

I have enjoyed this debate and it is interesting to read others views and canthakit makes a great point in that he has owned and still does own both VU DUO2 AND XTREND so he is perhaps the best person to form a opinion and he gave a honest opinion but we all have favourites my old echostars still are sort of favourites of mine but useless today as i dont run a 36v motor system anymore nor do i watch analogue lol but its good things can be debated in a friendly manner--thanks guys for some great posts that got me posting again

Helping others is always a better feeling than helping yourself

• It's been out for well over a year and had considerable problems not being able to transcode

Why is that a problem? ET8000 is not spec'd that it transcodes. Some receivers do software transcoding in the spec's, but that don't always function 100%, better not to spec transcoding, than have a semi working transcoding. If end users want a receiver specifically for a transcoding feature we recommend the Xtrend ET10K, Duo2 or Miraclebox Premium Ultra, they all do hardware transcoding. Solo2, Gigablue Quad+ etc.. do software transcoding, functions ok, but never 100%.

The only thing new is this deal or current offer at £159. Sounds like a special to shift stocks.

Noncence...

Support comes in a number of forms. Manufacturer support, image team support and user support. Xtrend cannot really compare with VU+

Xtrend is supported by a large number of teams, to name just a few, there's Official support from OpenPLi, OpenXTA, OpenATV, OpenViX, HDFreaks, OpenDroid...that's just off the top of my head, sure theres more...

If you want an example of user support activity look at the sub forums on this very site to see the scale of difference between VU+ and Xtrend. There's no need to expand on image team support as that is self explanatory.

Maybe there's not loads of forum thread's becuase users don't have many issues :)

world-of-satellite-banner.gif
    Official Sponsor of the OpenViX Team

Official Distributor of Formuler, Edision, GiGaBlue, Mut@nt Technomate, VU+, and many more...

Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!

PRICE MATCH PROMISE - WE'LL TRY TO MATCH ANY UK PRICE*

*SEEN ANY PRODUCT CHEAPER? CONTACT US AND WE’LL TRY TO MATCH LIKE FOR LIKE!

Edited once, last by world-of-satellite.co.uk: typo ().

• Why is that a problem? ET8000 is not spec'd that it transcodes.

Maybe there's not loads of forum thread's because users don't have many issues :)

The point was raised why the VU+ machine was better. The Solo2 which the OP already has does transcode. The ET8000 as you say doesn't. When I tried the machine last year, it didn't.

Maybe there's not loads of forum threads here or elsewhere for a simpler reason, because it's simply not that popular ? As far as I am aware it never really commercially took off as a machine. It's certainly not a 'new' machine and has been around for a bit.

Finally given the OP already has the Solo2. The most cost effective solution would be to simply buy a VU Turbo Tuner. The ET8000 is good value at £159 but the £60 VU tuner option is probably better. He retains the better machine and saves £100. So, I concur with digi247 in post #4.

It's all horses for courses and personal preference anyway.

Thanks

Edited 6 times, last by ekkostar ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!