Duo HDD install problem

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,171 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• Hi Guys

I've just got my Duo, its Flashed with Vix (current version) I've just put a Seagate 1.tb HDD in it and switched it on.
    Its frozen on Starting......

Any ideas? Do I need to Flash it with original Vu original and then configure HDD?

• Does it freeze everytime you turn it on?

Never heard of that before tbh..

Not familiar with the VIX image, if it keeps occurring maybe it might be worth trying the blackhole image..

Yep doesn't go past the Starting... screen

The HDD was formatted in NTFS, I just stuck Blackhole on a USB stick and tried to boot it. Still stuck lol

Should I pull the HDD out and try sticking Blackhole on?

• Best format that hard drive to FAT32 mate..

That could be the problem..

But it puzzles me how its affecting is as you have to mount the hard drive really before it takes full affect to the reciever..

Ya disconnect the HDD and try BH..

• Yes m8
    Like glenviewjf says format to fat32 and try bh.
    Mine works no problem with blackhole image.
    You can always go back to vix after you get it working to see if it's the vix image. But I think it will be cos it's not been formatted to fat32.
    But I don't use vix anymore. maybe someone else will help you if you still having problems with the vix image.

• I have a question, I thought the Vu would format it when it goes in anyway? Does it make a difference if its NTFS.

I'm gonna disconnect it and put Blackhole on then plug it in, see how that goes!

Cheers guys

• Hi Blakie8,

If you are going to use BH 1.6.6 make sure you update the bootloader first before flashing the new image,if you are using a earlier version then you don't need to. There is a thread on here of to update the bootloader.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!