Any thing you can do

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 664 times. The last Post () by Prioryman.

• hi lads went sharing with a peer in the uk early in the year, i asked him to remove my cline as his share was on/off no help i asked him to remove my line after several
    pm's he did. I am now getting hit every 3mins by a login request form an ip,(but dont know if its him) i have requested him to remove my cline if indeed it is him, he just wont reply to my pm's which to me seems a sign of guilt. i dont want to to change my dns..any ideas??? TIA annie

• The simple way is to add this line to your cccam file:

iptables -A INPUT -s 00.000.00.000 -j DROP

The 00.000.00.000 being his IP address. This should stop that IP from access your server.

Better still is to access your router menu and ban the IP address from within the menu ( not all routers can do this )

Hope it helps.

Don't forget the "thanks" button.

Kindest regards, Prioryman

Let your interests be as wide as possible, and let your reactions to the things and persons that interest you, be as far as possible friendly rather than hostile.

• Official Post

If you are using your vu+ as server the above will not work, you can do this to see the username who is trying to connect.
    First enable debug mode in your cccam.cfg

Code
    DEBUG : yes

Now connect to the box via telnet and put this command in

Code
    tail -f /var/log/messages

you will see the user like this

CCcam: illegal user Username from ipaddress
    CCcam: kick ipaddress,

• treid that ten his ip is all that reports. no user/pass

If you have his IP your almost there. Open Router menu and look for a page which allows IP blocking. Enter his IP address via this menu - save and that should block him. Without knowing your router model I can only guess it has this menu ( most modern routers/modems do ).

As long as you have set his Fline to 0 0 0 { 0:0:0 } he will in the end give up, however some peers are a pain in the ass and try for months!!!!

Don't forget the "thanks" button.

Kindest regards, Prioryman

Let your interests be as wide as possible, and let your reactions to the things and persons that interest you, be as far as possible friendly rather than hostile.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!