A check of my logic - bit thick help setup autobouquets for cable

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 578 times. The last Post () by abu baniaz.

• Hey all,

Just got into this and have it hooked up to my Vermin cable line using an Xtrend EB8000 with OpenVIX using dual DVB-C tuners; however, a bit of a problem.

Every day I'm having to do a service scan as I get the dreaded "sid not found in pat" message. Having done some reading on here as well as some other sites, it would appear that this is cause my cables.xml file hasn't been set up correctly or my NetID is incorrect. I've got autobouquets setup to scan every day at 4am and the EPG using CrossEPG coming down at roughly the same time but I still can't get my head around it :(

Is it simply a case of just setting the correct NetID as well as using the cables.xml file from this thread http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=37686 ?

If it is, then it's a winner in my books. Just annoying that I get up every morning to watch the news and have to sit there for 10 minutes whilst it does a full service rescan. Although again using the search it should take seconds rather than 10 minutes .. gets tedious over my first brew of that day LOL!

Cheers all
    D

• Official Post

If you are getting sid not found in PAT, this is becasue you are using the wrong NetID.

You do not need the cables.xml file, it is only used for conventional scanning. ABM, AB 28.2 and AutoBouquets Cable do not use conventional scanning, they obtain the channel data from the stream. ABM will scan in less than a minute for you. AB Cable should complete in significantly less than 10 minutes for you, I've not used it for a while, it should be roughly two minutes.

Cable channels do not change that often, so no need for a daily scan.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!