Having AU updated to a server with a card only

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,901 times. The last Post () by Jeramy Giachino.

• Guys,
    I have the following question:

I have set up two instances of Oscam on two different computers.
    One is having the physical card and will only have that without any users.
    The other will serve for the users I add there. There’s not many users since I will have it for my household and maybe one or two friends.

They are connected with the newcamd protocol.

How should I set up AU so the server with the card will get updates? Is this possible at all or do I need at least one Dreambox connected to it set as AU to get updates? Or is it possible to get AU from the servers which holds my users?

• Thanks, I'll read it through!
    As I understand then, is that my newcamd connection, to the server with the local card, should be set to AU then, is that correct?
    Should also one of the users, on the server without the card, also be set to AU, or is the newcamd connection enough to be set to on?

Is there anyway to check if I have done the right thing before the entitlements run out?

• Why have two servers running when all you need is one?
    Oscam is capable of reading and serving the card, all from one server.
    I'd set it up with at least one connected account within your network responsible for updating your card (will save on elec and easier to narrow down problems after).

• Well I like having two servers. It's cleaner and give me some chance to fiddle around with Oscam.
    I'll do what you wrote and start with setting up with one account serving the card.
    Thanks for answering!

• Update: Setting at least one account within the server where the card is connected works I can now see "All EMM's: 173" which I have never seen before. Now the tough cookie is to how to set it up without an account and just having the newcamd connection from the other server which will hold my accounts.

Any thought or hint would be greatly appreciated!

• Server A, the one with the card should have a user account on it. AU should be enabled for this account. Also, AU should not be disabled for the physical reader.

Server B, the one where your peers are set up should have a proxy reader set up via the newcamd protocol back to server A, AU should not be disabled for this proxy reader. Now at least one user account on this server should have AU enabled. This should then allow server B to push EMMs through to server A and your real card should then get it's entitlements updated periodically

• Jim, thanks for your answer!
    So the user account on server A could be so called a "dummy user" and not a user connected to a "physical" box for getting the EMM's?

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!