LNB Scew - How To Maximize Your Signal

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,746 times. The last Post () by saayacoolu.

• Official Post

Fixed Dish
    To get the best signal from your Lnb on a fixed dish system you will need to Skew your Lnb for 1 west if this is your reference satellite you will need very little Skew maybe 1 O'Clock at the most,
    Skew is the rotating of the Lnb in the Lnb holder whilst viewing a signal meter to achieve maximum signal,1st loosen the clamps that hold the Lnb in place then adjust your Skew afterward tighten up the clamp,
    The further the satellite is from the reference satellite the more skew will be required so Arabsat/Badr-4 will require the Lnb to be turned as you stand in front of the dish to between 3 & 4 O'Clock again use a signal meter while doing any adjustments to your Lnb,

Motorized Systems
    Always move your dish to your reference satellite before you carry out any adjustment to your Lnb on a motorized system,
    For a Motorized system your Lnb should be at 12.0'Clock for maximum signal but you may find that 12.15 gives you a better signal that's why you need the signal meter,

You can also check that the Lnb is in the correct position in the Lnb Holder,
    Try Furthest forward then furthest back again whilst viewing a signal meter once you have achieved maximum signal tighten up the Lnb clamp,

If you do not have a signal meter you can use the Quality Signal bars on your satellite receiver just make sure that you or some one else can see the signal bars after each adjustment to make sure that you are improving your signal,

The life of an Lnb is varied some last for 5 to 10 years others not so long the Lnb's available today are much better than a decade ago so for ?15 it is worth changing if your signal is not as strong as it was a few years back.

• i have a signal of SNR 85%. but the AGC is pretty low.....6%. is it maybe the LNB or i did something wrong? (hotbird 13 with a 1.5m dish)

• thanks i will try it. But do you think that the low AGC will affect my quality - picture eveen with an snr of 85%?

• The AGC stabilises the signal if it has peaks and troughs in the signal quality.
    If it's watchable at the moment, I wouldn't worry about it.
    Do you have the signal 'Locked' on?

• yes signal is locked. i have noticed problem with the image only on HD channels... not sure if it's the server....

• If it freezes every now and then for a split second or more, then yes it could be down to the server, especially if your relying on further hops to get the HD channels.

I would definately try and adjust the dish slightly though to get slightly higher readings.

• ok.thanks for the help... will try it and come back with the results...

• I was messing with a 2nd dish today, and while I was up on the ladder, decided to try scewing my lnb for sly, which I was getting 76%snr & 85-92 agc.
    Scewed it a little and fooking el, I've now got 96% snr & 99% agc.
    Cheer's Ten

• It is well to remember this simple trimming.
    I have a motorized antenna. After various tests, the signal is meilleur.sur Astra 19 ° East.

vu+ ultimo 4k- rotor stab 120 - openBH 10

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!