Using Wetek Enigma2 Remote Control In OpenELEC

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,881 times. The last Post () by gullon.

• So I've recently got my hands on the new Wetek enigma2 remote control after my original Wetek remote control decided to give up on me.

The first thing I discovered was that the enigma2 remote does not work in OpenELEC.
    I only use OpenELEC on my Wetek so this was a bit of a problem for me. I have managed to get it working though so I thought it best I share how to get it working with everyone on here just in case you decide to purchase the enigma2 remote and want to use it in OpenELEC as well.

So, all you need to do is download the attached remote.conf file and copy it to your Wetek OpenELEC installation in the /storage/.config/ folder
    Now reboot your Wetek and the enigma2 remote should be working fine.

One thing to point out is that the power button on the remote does NOT power the Wetek on when running OpenELEC.

I have created this remote.conf file myself. There are a few buttons on the remote that I have not enabled simply because I couldn't decide what to have them do. The disabled buttons are as follows

• Red
    • Green
    • Yellow
    • Blue
    • FAV (I couldn't figure out how to get this key to bring up the OpenELEC favourites list)
    • PVR (I couldn't figure out how to get this key to bring up the OpenELEC live TV recordings list)
    • Audio (I couldn't figure out how to get this key to bring up the OpenELEC media Audio settings)
    • DTV
    • Apps
    • The button below the Apps button

Every other button should work as expected.

Any problems please reply here and I'll try to get them resolved

• Hi
    Would you know if this conf or a similar one could have the enigma2 remote to work also on distro such as pbnigma on the wetek openelec?

• master G

Added the Label WeTek OpenELEC

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!