nbox 5800sx stuck

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,287 times. The last Post () by rab2k08.

• Hi all, got a problem with my box, i turned it on today and i am getting nowhere with it. i had it loaded and working properly, not too sure how this has happened. when i turn it on i dont get the usual messages on start up, b4-u-[ b4team ]- after that i get usb update or custom boot 1. nothing else happens, ive tried loading duo multi boot using the usb update option and get nothing, just seems to freeze and the same goes for custom boot 1. does anyone have any words of wisdom it would be much apprecitated. thanks

• Sounds like you never bothered to make a personal backup bud???
    Things to try before having to start from scratch again...
    unplug the box from mains,,leave it unplugged for a while to cool down, for example ,overnight/or a good while at least..
    lesson 1 : these are machines which software/hardware can become corrupt/non-functioning for no apparent reason
    so always have a recent backup at hand for the just in case scenario.....
    worst case... reflash starting from scratch or if somebody else had a backup that you could use...

• I have a backup for the box mate but whenever i try to start the box up, it doesnt come up with the usual uboot on the lcd panel, i get b4-u-[ b4team ]- after that i get usb update or custom boot 1 by pressing down arrow, i dont see nand or anything else to be able and load the firmware onto the box, ive tried putting the files onto root of usb, 3 files it is, i go to usb update and have left it for 2 hrs and it hasnt changed at all, i think the uboot may be corrupt, i cant even do anything with that either, ive tried putting those files on to the usb and trying the usb update option and it does the same, just freezes up and i cant do anything to it. thanks for your reply mate.

• i really dont have a clue mate, even when i have the new flash on the usb it doesnt work, i think its stuffed. thanks for your replies.

• has anyone had their box start up saying uboot 1.3.1 053 and once done loading get these lines -------------- nothing else happens. Its a little weird this one. i get the uboot 1.3.1 053 sometimes, most other times its b4-u-[ b4team ]- really dont know why its got two different start up menus. thanks

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!