vu duo 2 recovery

There are 20 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,855 times. The last Post () by sagher.

• Hi all

I was wondering if their is a recover tool that I could try and reflash the box through the serial port ?

can this be done though RS232 port

my vu has stopped working and has got the white light on the front constantly and wont boot up now after coming back from holiday.

it was work fine before

thanks

Edited once, last by moffi ().

• thats a known fault, box has gone to deep standby. lots of fixes, are you aware of the vu+ community, they have a thread on that fault,

try this first and hope you are using BH image. turn off power AT BACK USING ROCKER SWITCH, THEN

Apply power to your receiver. wait until the white light has been on a couple of minutes, then press press the red power button on the remote. The white light on the receiver should blink and the box should boot in a couple of minutes.

• i don't have the BH image on the box i was using the latest vix haydes image which was down loaded from world of sat original images

what other options might i have or am i stumped as i haven't got the BH image on the box

thanks

i will try in the morning before work

Edited once, last by moffi ().

• no you can still try but if you go to vu community forum and say you have any image other than bh they wont help, although same suggestions may work, but they now have a vix forum as well!1

hxxp://www.vuplus-community.net/board/forums/vix-images.63/

loading the original vu image can sort it as well

have a good read and go slow but when you get sorted post back with solution

Edited once, last by bmitie: chnage ().

• Hi

I tried this as suggested : turn off power AT BACK USING ROCKER SWITCH, THEN
    Apply power to your receiver. wait until the white light has been on a couple of minutes, then press the red power button on the remote. The white light on the receiver should blink and the box should boot in a couple of minutes.

didn't work

• Your box should come out of deep standby by pressing the power button behind the front cover...... you may need to hold it in for a few seconds for the receiver to respond. If you can get the box out of deep standby i would advise you reflash the image. From reading over at vu community this was a problem with the Blackhole speed up panel disabling the remote code. But as your using ViX it should not have affected you, it's even more strange that you can't reflash the box after having it turned off from the rear. When you have a usb stick inserted into the front usb slot with a new image on it are you not getting the prompt to press the power button to begin the flashing process?

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Hi mckee25

see post I found with the exact problem and a good explanation of what I am experiencing

looks like I am screwed ?

do not report link of others forum

It also looks like others are starting to be in the same position.

Will there be an epidemic break out on all duo 2 boxes soon ?

thanks

Edited 4 times, last by robijay: Redirect to other forum ().

• i have read elsewhere this problem has been sorted
    by bullying the box, and to do that you put a image
    on a usb stick and keep flashing the image until it clears
    the problem this can take a few goes before the box boots up
    again, it is said it has take as many as five or six times before
    the box clears. i have never had a problem with my duo2 but
    it could be worth a try to see if this clears the problem

• this problems i reported as long as 1 year back, when both my Solo2 boxes did had this symptom, back then i was made a fool and liar on that community using another nick there.
    i told them to their face that this was a BH problem back then, but they just banned me and wiped out my posting.

Now i must say that this problem is not only with Solo2 but as you can see it is with Duo2, and Vu plus it self do not even replay to my e-mails
    this is why i,left their boxes and moved on to to Xtrend and other models of Enigma2

Sorry to say mate, but seems you are left with a dead box, as you cannot get in contact with the box, the box is totaly blocked, even usb and rs232 are blocked.
    I am sure this needs to be sendt back to where you buy it, and hope they can fix this if they have the Jtag and the bootloader files, otherwise it is just a pile of junk :-(

the problem here is that you cannot even use the Jtag as there are no files for jtag for Solo2 or Duo2.

• so i guess you have tried to re flash a few times? other posts elsewhere
    say it has worked after a few attempts with the same problem as yours.
    will the box not clear if you hold the button under the front flap
    and keep it pressed when you turn on at the rear switch.

• talk about bad luck
    Now a friend of mine have gott the problem with Solo2 , he has flashed the box with the Lates BH he said.
    all he gets now is the power light / touch that shows there is some life in the box, otherwise it cannot be flashed or anything

• Official Post

is there any plans for the duo 2

It seam that none has or understands a fix for my issue after lots of searching this week

thanks

I'm personally not familiar with the duo2. Before even looking down the jtag route you should get a boot log by rs232. If it is still under warranty have it repaired under warranty.... If not post your boot log on the forum it may help narrow down the issue.

• you will need patience and try a few different makes of stick but dont try loading bh image or any other. try the original image that the box came with. i think you said 2 years warranty was up but as a last resort contact seller and they may do a deal or a fix.

VU+ DUO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!