server issues

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 307 times. The last Post () by superlarrson.

• alright everyone really new to cs scene and been gave great advice here and met cpl cracking ppl i have my linux pc server running ubuntu 14.04 i have gnome desktop oscam/cccam installed i will be trying a s.. card in my reader at the weekend just want to make sure everything set up ok i have 1 little issue i have set up a no ip account do i still require a account with dyn ? i have this in no ip (username.ddns.net) i take it this will form part of my line that i would give to friends? i have done lots of reading so not just expecting someone to do all work for me im just a bit unsure about the no ip, dyn purpose and as for lines i have read plenty about them aswell what other parts make up my line cheers for any advice

• Official Post

no-ip & dyndns are dynamic hostname services, use one or the other, not both.. The purpose of using the hostname is to keep your peers connected to the server when the isp (BT, Sky,Virgin, etc) changes your external ip address.. If you had a static external ip address then you could use the ip instead of the hostname. You can find your external ip address at whatsmyip.org
    Example C line with static ip address:

Code
    C: 32.51.115.137 12000 user pass

For each peer you setup an F line:

Code
    F: user pass

You give a C line to the peer:

Code
    C: username.ddns.net 12000 user pass

username.ddns.net - is the hostname you created at no-ip
    12000 - is the SERVER LISTEN PORT in the CCcam.cfg
    user pass - is the username and password you setup on the F line

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!