tuning cable

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,222 times. The last Post () by lost.

• STB: Atemio Nemesis

Image: OpenATV

I can't log into the OpenATV forum, that's why I am asking here. Also the English section of the OpenATV forum is extremely limited.

I can't get my plugin DVB-C/T tuner to find any channels during scan. I've tried Cable scan option also service searching>> Automatic scan/manual scan. It always displays 0 channels found after scan complete. I've removed and reseated the tuner several times.

I'm 100% sure the cable/line is good because my TV tuner finds all the channels during a scan.

I've also transferred a current bouquet/list via DBEdit, and when I select any cable channel, it's always a blank screen.

The tuner is recognized by the STB...it's displayed as DVB-C on the service searching>>tuner screen. Both DVB-S Sat tuners are working fine.

Note: this is not for UK Cable, but KD(Germany)

I'm thinking the tuner is fudged, does anyone have any ideas??

Thanks.

• Thanks Cazuela,

Tuxbox contains a full cables.xml and terrestrial.xml, but it still cannot find any channels after scan.

Does anyone know how to be almost certain a tuner is bad other than replacing it?

Thanks.

• have you tryed to update the xml file thats installed ?

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

• Last year I helped a friend get his cable working, although not on your box and not OpenATV. Cable scan was not working. Finally we did a manual scan with parameters for one transponder and selected "network scan" to find all channels. We used this website to find out the details for his area: http://helpdesk.kdgforum.de/sendb/belegung.html Pick one transponder and use its frequency, QAM mode and symbol rate (probably 6900.)

In tuner configuration, we set
    Network ID = "00000"
    Used Service Scan Type = "Frequency/bands"
    Scan EU .... = all yes
    Scan US ... = all no
    Scan QAM 64 = yes
    Scan QAM 256 = yes
    Scan SR6900 = yes

Others set to no

• Thanks for your reply/idea Joeuser,

Your information was very helpful.

I think I figured my problem out, but it isn't solved yet.

I had cable internet/telephone from my provider for about a year, then I just added cable TV. I get the same amount (not all/enough) of channels on 2 different TV tuners and my Enigma2 box; about 64 as stated before. I should receive about 250.

After numerous calls to their so-called "technical support" I got the usual run-around/BS answers... i.e. it's probably a bad cable (not insulated enough) << complete BS. And, maybe it's the smartcard... << WTF ????

I Googled the fudge out of it and discovered that my provider installs an in-line filter on the coax/cable that blocks most of the frequencies from cable TV when you only order/pay for internet/phone. This is logical to me, as some of the channels are unencrypted, therefore: order internet/telephone and get cable TV as a bonus.

This in-line filter is installed in a locked junction box that I cannot access, therefore the "cable guy" has to come and remove it and then all "should" be well.

But, as is normal with everything here in Germany, it cannot be their fault, it must be something at your end, because German engineering is UBER better than everything else... <<< Google VW diesel cars U.S.A.

I went to my provider and told them what THEIR problem is, and they still insist it's 3 bad tuners, or unsupported devices, as they say...<<< un F-ing believable!!

I like Germany, and it's a very cool place to live, but customer service is APPALLING/completely non-existent here... <<< most German people/citizens will also tell you this.

I know I'm ranting, but maybe this will help some people that have KD.

Thanks.

Enigma2 DVB - FBC - USB Tuners

Enigma2 Tuners. Articles, Downloads and Support for DVB-S2 Tuners, DVB-S2X Tuners, DVB-C/T2 Tuners, DVB-C USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2 USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2/C USB Tuners, FBC Tuners, and Tuner Drivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!