XGrabEPG by Pérez

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,539 times. The last Post () by iq180.

• For OPENSAT Firm

What does this plugin?

Download the EPG is sent by satellite, can be loaded into memory deco (as getepg), but also optionally can be converted into various formats: text, html and xmltv.

The plugin includes actually two programs: the grab_epg, which is a command line program and is doing all the work, and can be run via telnet, for example. /-X grab_epg will record the EPG xmltv format. The other program is XGrabEPG (which is just a modified version of XGetEPG) and is the program that appears when we get into the option menu XGrabEPG plugins. Allows you to set some options and load the epg by remote control.

The program has been written from scratch, but based on other plugins to Decos (especially one named "mv") and has been careful not to miss events (which is a problem with the getepg).

Installation:

The zip file includes two files: XGrabEPG.plugin and plugins.lst. Copy these two files to the / tmp deco. Go to the Plug-ins option deco and select "Add plug-in" (red button, careful not to press the green button by mistake). Select "Install (/ tmp / plugins.lst), and finally choose XGrabEPG.

Post-installation:

The files generated by the program can be quite large, several megabytes, so it is advisable to save them to disk drive or a flash drive. After installing the plugin would have to edit the file and put grab_epg.ini output_dir option in the directory where you want to be recorded files. The default is / DATA/hdb1/EPG /. Oh by the way, the board also will have to create it by hand.

Use:

Once the directory is already created and configured, we get the option XGrabEPG Plug-ins. With the red button you can choose the files you want to believe, and some other options. Press OK to start the download. Depending on the options you have chosen will take more or less. Load the epg in memory deco (which is faster) takes 1 minute and a half to 3 minutes.

Important Note:

It is quite likely that the program fails with the error message:

ERROR: ChannelSDK_Load: version mismatch 354 (10.9) Fail to read the channel_list to '/ DISK2/all_channel.dat'

This occurs when trying to load the channel list Azbox. Apparently it only works properly if you use a recent firmware. In older firmware (like the one I use) this error occurs. To avoid this you have to uncheck "Use ChannelSDK" (this trick will not work when using the Hispasat satellite.)

Speaking of Hispasat, I have no idea if the plugin work with the Hispasat satellite. Would have to change some options in the configuration file, but still not know if it works ...

Other little things ...:

In the file specified epg.excl some channels will be ignored. Take a look at the file and if there is a channel that interests you, delete it from the list. In the file specified epg.texcl channels to be ignored when creating listings in text format and html.

• Thanks for all the hard work you have put into writing xgrabepg but I have a small issue when running with the remote control or telnet.

From the configuation I have worked out that xgrabepg is set up to download the epg of Spanish C+ on 19.2E

I have tried running it while tuned into 19.2E (and C+ Guida on 10847.00V and other TP's) and I get this message:-

- "ERROR: TVSDK_LockTuner:1084 Fail to lock tuner freq =10847000"

Is there something I have missed?

• The TP I have is:-

- Astra 1 10847.00V DVB-S QPSK 22000 5/6

Is this correct?

My complete log was :-

AZBox[XGrabEPG]$ ./grab_epg
    === Grab_epg for the Azbox, TEST 3 ===
    unlink fail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: No such file or directory
    Using the ChannelSDK
    IMPORTANT: in case of error "mismatch version(10,9)"
    try again adding the option --no-ch-sdk
    Loading /DISK2/all_channel.dat
    ERROR: ChannelSDK_LoadNetwork:767 Fail to open '/DISK2/DVBC.dat'
    ERROR: ChannelSDK_LoadNetwork:775 Fail to read networks from '/DISK2/DVBTa.
    ERROR: ChannelSDK_LoadNetwork:767 Fail to open '/DISK2/ISDBT.dat'
    ERROR: ChannelSDK_LoadNetwork:767 Fail to open '/DISK2/ATSC.dat'
    timezonegap: 3600
    === Reading EPG...
    ERROR: TVSDK_LockTuner:1084 Fail to lock tuner freq =10847000
    Error: can't lock tuner
    Loading /Download/test.epg to memory...
    Loaded -1 entries
    AZBox[XGrabEPG]$

• This error comes because he can not access that often because they did not have on the frequency table of the satellite. Most likely the problem comes because the satellite index does not match the one we have the majority. To verify the configuration line that has since index and then check your list of channels with the MAZ and see what is the satellite index in question, if different, you change the line configuration of the plugin.

Pardon my language
    I love OSCam build by lareq78

• A quick way to find the net index is the mini running telnet program Attachment

Code
    ./search_channel 1 1058 30108

It should go something like this:

If the net index is 9, then you can include the number that comes in the configuration (grab_epg.ini file) in this section:

Code
    [dplus/lock] 
    tuner_id = 0 
    net_index = 9 
    frequency = 10847000 
    polar = 1

tuner_id refers to the tuner, the tuner satellite is not the "A" then I think we should change the value to 1.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!