HDMU packages WARNING!!!!

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,240 times. The last Post () by joeuser.

• I was fixing a plugin for HDMU (because the HDMU team can't be bothered to fix their own packages) when I came across this:

So, if you ever try to install an HDMU package on another system, it will remove your softcams and config and ALL YOUR PLUGINS!!!

Seems rather vindictive to me, especially for opensource software!

• i thought pkt did the same as well

iv seen this somewere before regards the media center as they claim its theres and not to install on any other images, im almost sure i saw it on there web page,

by they way what plug in is broke

- - - Updated - - -

this was the warning translated

hdmu the image, as well as the center and hdmu hdmu Media Center, are only intended for private use, which means that neither the software, nor may be used without consent from me for the commercial sector plugins .

( That is, the materials need to be pre-installed on a receiver. )

this should be ignored, we will advise us as a team and initiate, if necessary, legal action

Edited once, last by pauldb ().

• It is openvpn, they of course never updated it to use their current libraries, and when someone posted on their site that it was broken, it was ignored, of course. Which is really funny, because they posted just a short time ago that they wanted more feedback from users. What a joke.

Here is there lame response:

This is an old problem, our Feed should only use with our image, why is this wrong?
    Open Source and using other Servers isn't the same.
    If you want our sources from one of our ipks, then ask or look into our github site.

• It is openvpn, they of course never updated it to use their current libraries, and when someone posted on their site that it was broken, it was ignored, of course. Which is really funny, because they posted just a short time ago that they wanted more feedback from users. What a joke.

Here is there lame response:

They still haven't fixed Crossepg reverting to Internal Flash,has been an issue for years.
    Have they fixed the tuner locking out on the Alien 2 with the fix you posted Joe ?
    I'll never understand why they dont implement these small issues instead of bringing out new images with the same bugs.

• I do not use crossepg, but there are a few issues I posted on their site with no response. To be fair, the issue with the tuners is a difficult one to solve, the driver is closed source and they did (after 2 years...) try to make a fix. And now that I see that they put booby-traps in their own code, you can understand why they do not want to use a hacked binary that they do not have the source for. :)

The timezone and vfd fixes came from other people, but I guess at least they accepted the fixes and used them.

But most of the time, when someone posts a problem with a plugin, either there is no response, or a response saying contact the plugin author.

It is sad because they recently finally updated their gstreamer and even made a post requesting feedback and did seem like they were changing.

I don't really have a problem with their lack of support. It is free software and I appreciate their work. But, it makes you wonder what other "code" is in their software when they think it is ok to delete files on someones box just because they tried to install one of their packages on a different image? Another funny thing is I have installed a few packages from other images on hdmu - usually because the hdmu package is broken.

- - - Updated - - -

Their semi-apologetic response, but seems not a willing to change...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!