Best Option WetekPlay or Vu+

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,108 times. The last Post () by mach1.

• It depends on your overall usage for the receiver.
    If it is sat/cable only with a little iptv, a Vu is your best bet.
    It'll run smoothly and shouldnt give you any grief.
    If your looking for something that will run android/openelec/enigma2 then the wetek is your man but a lot of the enigma2 images available are only test images with some functions disabled. (twin tuners didn't work in the vast majority of enigma2 images, also timeshift wasn't possible on others aswell)

• Here's my .02 cents,

Like Codar said,

If you want primarily satellite/cable, go for Enigma2 STB

If you want primarily streaming, go for WETEK/HTPC.

I have both and I watch a lot of LIVE sports...my HTPC kicks the $hit out of my Atemio Nemesis for streaming LIVE events, so many more options. The disadvantage of most streaming services...no recording.

But, the convenience of a "normal" remote and recording/pause/rewind/FF of TV, ease of updating/installing channel lists, my Atemio wins hands down.

If I was looking to buy a new box today...I wouldn't buy a satellite receiver, I think SAT and cable are dying.

There are not a lot of viewing-card options available that don't cost an arm and a leg. If they are somewhat affordable, they have to be married to specific CAM/reader, or used/updated in original box that costs additional €150 here and another €150 there, or can only be used in THEIR $hitty-a$$ box with no or inferior recording capabilities. More boxes means more power = more electricity, plus inconvenience.

I'm certainly not an expert on this, but I don't know of any satellite subscription/card other than $ly UK that can be used to view documentaries, movies, current shows, sports(epl/nfl/nba/mlb). I'm sure this is what they wanted, but I think it's going to backfire.

I think these providers are shooting themselves in the foot, because I think people are going to get fed up with all of the restrictions and streaming is going to completely take over.

For example, I like to watch NFL games, I bought NFL gamepass and I can watch every game from 2012 - present on-demand. The quality is much better than $ly ever had.

And...If I'm watching via satellite receiver in my non $ly "approved" STB, I don't have to worry if my card got updated, I don' have to worry if the rain/snow fudged up the reception, I don't have to pay for 44 trillion other channels that I would never dream of watching.

I live in Germany, and that's the way they're going here too (sat and cable)...you'll watch our services that are only available on OUR inferior boxes and you'll like it!! We'll make it as inconvenient as possible for you to record/watch programs that YOU PAY FOR!!!!

That's my rant.

Thanks for listening.

• Ive been in the satellite game for 30 odd years and like "lost" say's above, satellites are a dying breed now that internet connections are getting faster, streaming is the way to go, appart from sly, most other sats are now over the horizon and footprints are being squeezed , thus making it expensive and sometimes impossible to pick up sats even with massive dishes, i agree, satellites will be falling off walls and redundant in the next couple of years as streming company's will make old Rupert skint, my davice is to learn about streaming/Kodi, and the likes , at the moment Wetek, and vigica are the best boxes for development of streaming/satellite. by far.

• Wetek is cheap and can be use as droid openelec and e2 ,3 different system and all included Kodi . Vu is a good e2 receiver but expensive and only e2 works right..

Vu+ Ultimo Vu+ Solo2 Vu+ Solo 4K Gigablue X1 Gigablue Quad Plus Wetekplay Wetek Core...
    4m , 2m motorized, 95 diseq usals ....

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!