Totally clueless

There are 20 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,926 times. The last Post () by THE FUGITIVE.

• I am totally clueless when it comes to anything technical so be prepared for some really blonde questions, and the questions are coming all the way from sunny France.
    My first question is, our skybox F5 died, and i was advised to buy zgemma star box as i found it a pain loading the programme guide each week and i was told this is modern good box. Anyway, it has arrived, plugged in, channel list works fine, but it is not tuning into the tv, all we have is HADES on the screen, have followed the instructions from the menu- setup - service search-tuner configuration, but it doesn't matter if i choose and select tuner A / B just still no tv.
    The rugby is on so very desperate, please help. Ta Anita

• Static dish, astra 28.2e, have found it on the tv and chosen it, pressed the green button to save and then nothing happens. Don't hold it against me but i really need to see Wales thrash those Aussies.

• Good Morning -First can we establish a few things then we can get a better picture and help you with your tuner setup and loading a channel list.

you mentioned tuner A+B have you got 2 cables from your dish going into your reciever i am trying to put this in very simple terms so you know what i mean.
    The vix Hades screen will appear until your tuner setup is correct and you have loaded a correct channel list and until you select menu then you will see other screens with menu selections so if we can establish your cables from your dish we can then explain how your tuner setup should be and guide you to loading a channel list

Helping others is always a better feeling than helping yourself

• Thanks the fugitive, no we only have one cable from the dish to the box. We get Error service unavailable check tuner configuration.
    I did contact world of satelitte.com as that is what have come up on the tv and the reply i got was

"We don't support Zgemma, they are rubbish illegal Chinese clone receivers of
    other brands.

ANYONE STATING THEY ARE SUPPORTED BY OPENVIX IS TALKING BULLSHIT AND SCAMMED
    YOU OFF!"

I never realised i have bought illegal rubbish.

• Official Post

Setup Tuner A like how it is in the screenshot..

6f17eb1e0e6a38ee5ce.jpg

Install rats bouquets, restart enigma2 then run the plugin, this will update your channel list.

You can install it a number of different ways:

1) Copy to USB stick, insert into the receiver then follow on screen prompts..

2) With an FTP tool like DCC or Filezilla send the ipk to /tmp folder on the receiver then install in image menu (blue button > ViX > install local extension).

3) With an FTP tool like DCC or Filezilla send the ipk to /tmp folder then use this command in telnet/putty to install:

Code
    opkg install /tmp/*.ipk

4) With DCC connect to the receiver then click Tools > Packages > Upload Package > Select the IPK..

5) Vu+ Control Center has an ipk installer..

You also have autobouquetsmaker which is an alternative to keeping your bouquets / channel list up-to-date, this can be found in the image menu (service searching)..

• Master G thanks, have followed the tuner A set up as advised, (i don't have a picture of a sat dish on my tv) and still i just have the main screen with Hades on my tv.

• Hi

It seems you have some great answers from others more knowledgeable than me but I would add one point. I had this happen to me on my VU+ Zero and it drove me mad! I use this box on my travels and the fault was a bad f-connector on the lnb input. I remade the connection and it worked! Could be worth checking.

CC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Yes have checked that, but all seems fine, as when we plug in our old box which has partially died, (the colours are mixed up) we have a picture, so i know the connectors are all working.

• You say you are in France what size dish are you using --is your dish properly aligned as you say on your old box the colours were mixed this could indicate a slight miss-alignment---most important to get a picture if everything is working then go to the center of remote and press the key up from the circle in center this should give you a screen with channels on now choose a FTA CHANNEL as channels may just not appear you need to select them from the list

• using a 110 cm dish, picture on old oldbox fine, ok have done what you have said on fta and on the top left a picture of bbc 1 has come up, on far right slightly larger box with the Hades screen on.

- - - Updated - - -

Should add we have a normal pace sky box in kids bedroom and perfect picture, hence we think dish is aligned ok?

• OK your doing fine --if you have the current programme appearing in a smaller picture then just press the OK button which is usually very center but im not sure on your remote but look for OK it will now select that channel

• Have pressed ok and on the larger screen it says bbc1 but does not show the picture, just the hades picture, i can scroll down all the cahnnels and the right hand box changes each time, but it just shows the screen saver for the channel and not the actual programme.

• It does already come with a usb stick attached and i was told channel list was already on it, so i do i still follow the installation of the channel list?
    How does adding the channel list tune the box in?

• Ok making progress. put the cable in tuner A, back in a mo.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok managed to get the sky intro come up, have gone on to the fta channel list, and still the bbc screensaver on the right, but now a black screen on the left.

Getting there, i think, now doing a service scan and it is finding channels............................................

- - - Updated - - -

Ok i now have tv, THANK YOU ALL.
    Last question, how do i get to view what programmes are on.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!