receiver for activation and updates

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 693 times. The last Post () by dabecka.

• Hi,

i got a fresh 0960 card but i'd like to use it via oscam. From the posts i've read, i should activate the card in an old SD receiver to avoid the nasty pairing.

But which receiver is the best choice to get it done? If found some references to the Thomson 4E3004 but are there also other options? Does it have to be an official receiver or is any SD only sufficient?

Additionally i found some guys noting, that i can also activate the card in the official receiver and will only lose the HD channels to pairing but the SD channels will keep working. Is that true? I don't really need HD, so SD would be sufficient.

That really confuses me, because there are guys stating, that i should only use the official one for updates and then there are other statements that i should never ever use the official one.

• Official Post

You don`t need to pair the red uk caid 0960 card to an old SD model, that`s only for the white 0963 card.. It will work in any third party receiver, even though it has been paired to an official HD model..

Most HD is gone no matter whether you pair the card to a HD or SD model.. Only HD left is BT Sports, Setanta and a few other freeview channels like BBC, ITV etc..

The card will update entitlements perfectly well in the third party receiver, so there is no need to use the official receiver again, unless for some reason you card isn`t updating properly.. Then you can use the official receiver just to receive an update / EMM..

• Thank you for the quick reply!

From your post it seems as i don't really need the receiver besides for the serial number. It also appears to allow to use oscam itself for the updates or am i missing something?

• master G

Set the Label from UK OSCam to Videoguard2 Cards OSCam

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!