awaiting openbox s10

There are 15 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,146 times. The last Post () by hooley.

• Hi, just purchased 3 openbox s10, I have sly card that I will want to share with them I think I have got the local share clear in my head but I also want to share to my sister at her address can someone please point me in the right direction please. I want to get everything sorted for when they turn up thanks Dazzza

• Hi Dazzza, if you are trying to share your card from the openbox its not possible, these receivers are only capable of being a client.

You will need a separate server to be able to share your card.

Hi, I'm a bit confused now reading this thread:
    http://linuxsat-support.com/op…ox-s9-hd-work-server.html
    How to make Openbox S9 HD work as a server
    It couldnt be easier.

1. Press "Menu"
    2. Scroll down to "Network Local Setting"
    3. Press "OK" on remote
    4. Arrow right to "Newcamd Server Settings"
    5. Press "OK" on remote
    6. Enter newcamd server parameter
    7. Server setting -ON-
    8. TCP Port -eg. 13000- this MUST be forwarded in your router
    9. Des Key 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 (Can be change to your own)
    10. Add USER in Newcamd server User manager with green button on remote
    11. Add username PASSWORD "Allow emm YES"
    12. Press yellow to save the configuration .

Now box is setup for server with 1 client and a reboot is always a good idea .

In the Client box with CCcam its the N: line to use for acces the server eg
    N: server_ip_or_dns 13000 USER PASSWORD 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 256

I'm really confused now, and think I have purchased boxes that will not do what I want them to do

• Excuse me for giving wrong info, from reading that thread it seems possible.

Post your results if you get it working buddy.

You can always setup a linux server on an old pc or laptop and share your card that way.

No worries, I really thought I had purchased wrong boxes now i'm happy again ;). I am interested in possiblly setting up a linux server but to be honest I'm out of my depth not sure what I would need to do that I have several old pc's that can be converted to linux easily but would I need a card reader, satfeed ?
    Or will I be ok with just using the openbox for a maximun of possibly 4 boxes 2 local one of which would be the server and 2 external. Thanks for any input you may have Dazzza

• In need of some help please just followed the thread to update my openbox s10 it changed it, now icons go down instead of accross can someone walk me through how to get my card working or which image to flash it with

• I've never read of anyone actually getting this to work, maybe someone will correct me. I've had one of these boxes a long time and know them fairly well and the server option never really seems to work

Boycott shampoo, demand real poo

• Well for an update I managed to get local card sharing set up. All works well except occasionally when changing channel on the openbox i'm using as a server the second local client box scrambles, changing channel on the client box then back to the same channel and all is good again, is this a limitation of the box or is it as I think possibly the 2 wifi bridges i am using possibly conflicting. if I run a cable from the router to either box the problem doesn't seem to occur. I want to have a stable local share before I attempt sharing over the internet to my sister thanks in advance Darren

• Hi, after more trial and error I have found it only happens when I switch on the server box out of standby if I leave the second box alone it does eventually unscramble again. I am starting to think this is just a limitation of the box. I think I can live with this it only seems a small annoyance for cancelling my multiroom sub. Now I could really do with some help setting up dns to share with my sister at her house thanks in advance Darren

• I Managed to sep up dns easily surprisingly using no-ip. Now another problem I have now discovered with my openbox server on neither local nor external box will work. If my local or my. Openbox server are on my sisters external openbox wont work if I switch both my boxes to standby my sisters box works fine. I think I am going to have to go the pc route info would be great, I just want to be able to serve my sly card to 2 locals and my sisters house what software do I need and which card reader for slyuk, I thought it was to good to be true to have 1 box to serve 3 thanks Darren

• Well I am glad that you got the sharing to work, 'Well Done' try and switch emm of on the client boxes, that should fix the scramble issue on channel change. Also, it might be worth to put your subbed card info on the client smartcard.conf, that might help if the subbed box is in standby. To do this you have to extract the cw from the card. I myself am struggling on doing that with a acs06 card.

• Still no joy having 2 or more boxes running at the same time from the openbox s10 I am trying to use as a server, with the server in standby the local box works fine with both my local boxes in standby my sisters external box works fine, the issue I'm having is I can only have one box running at a time :-(, I have tried switching emm off under the client boxunder ca slot setting still no joy. There must be a way for this to work. HELP PLEASE

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!