Wetek play and Raspberry pi

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,083 times. The last Post () by jim1985.

• Hi,

I have a Wetek play running the PBnigma image and it is running fine (apart from an issue clearing BT channels but this is on another post).
    I am wondering if there is a way to connect my Raspberry pi over wifi to the wetek and then use it to access the satellite feed? I am slowly getting the hang of all this so some pointers would be good.
    Thanks in advance.

• Yes with openelec its easy, the wetek acts as the server, and the pi's then just use the tvheadend plug in to pull the channels from the the wetek. But you do need to setup tvheadend up 1st, but the solution works really well, i use the firestick and box aswell (both running kodi)

• TVheadend requires the backend to be setup as well. I am using the PBnigma image for the wetek so TVheadend backend can't run with this. Or am I misunderstanding?

• Best way to do this is to have OpenELEC running on the Raspberry Pi.

Within OpenELEC you need to go to Settings -- Addons and look for PVR Clients. You need to find the one called VU+ / Enigma 2 Client. Install it and then configure it by pointing it to the IP address of your Wetek running PBNigma.
    I've not tried this personally myself with the Wetek but I used to run this exact set up when I used to have a Vu Duo so it should work just the same for the Wetek

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!