Any way to control a Dm500 outside of the home?

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 963 times. The last Post () by skunk1111.

• Got a real technical sort of question here but need some sort of easy step answer if there is such a way!

I have a line going from my Vu Duo to my father Dm500 in another country using a DNS account. I basically share with him my service.

Recently there have been some freq changes to the channels, but obviously on his box I am unable to update because I am in another country. My father wouldnt have a clue on how to update the Freq and update his channel list.

Is there any way I can connect to his Dm500 from my PC and forward the new channel list to his box?

I know all his IP details and box password and username as I set them up myself.

Many Thanks

• Its possible using Filezilla to FTP his box over the internet..

I have some friends who are away from home a lot and update there cccam.cfg hundreds of miles away via Filezilla..

So i'm sure you could update his xml or send the file's for the channel settings in the correct directory of the box..

What you need to do though is get him a dns (or maybe its possible using his fixed ip for his home) and set it to his ip address..

Once you know all his details, you will be able to access it then..

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!