Help Firmware/image

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 762 times. The last Post () by THE FUGITIVE.

• i am looking for sat box to buy and been looking at the XTREND ET9500 with HDD on but do not know what Enigma 2 Firmware / Image Options or Networking Powerline Homeplugs means or to pick can anyone help me on that, and also when i get a CCcam.cfg how do i put that on is this the best one to buy or the VU+duo any help would be most great full many thanks

• Firmware means what teams image is used (your graphical user interface)
    There are a lot of teams developing their own images for receivers, all do more or less the same thing but some people find images from certain teams are easier to setup than others.
    Vix is a very good image but i recommend you try all whats available for your receiver, only then can you decide what suits you.

Homeplug adaptors are used to transmit broadband through your existing electrical wiring if you don't have a broadband connection where you need it (at the rear of your receiver in this case.
    They normally come in pairs, one connects to your router and the other is placed where your require broadband.

You normally use a pc/laptop to communicate with an enigma receiver and upload/install config files (cccam.cfg)
    The most common program used to achieve this is dreambox control center (dcc).
    It can be found here

• The amount of teams that support the ET9500 is very good and the ET9500 USES ET9X00 images so just to add a few

openvix
    HDfreaks
    PB-Powerboard
    HDMU
    opendroid
    openpli
    openxta
    openspa

AND JUST TO ADD there is a old version of blackhole on this forum at least its a link so may not be active a while back for the ET9x00 not sure if the version is still working but if it is then count blackhole

- - - Updated - - -

Just to add and i dont want to be accused of been biased but i have owned a duo and i personally rate XTREND as better although admittedly support is better for the VU boxes but i have honestly found every XTREND i have used to be reliable my advice though is to buy from WOS not only do they have a great offer on the box you want but also if you should ever need to send the box back they will help
    XTREND are German but like VU are actually made in Korea THERE is very little difference in the way they operate--cccam.cfg is something you need to deal with once you have your box and once you load a channel list etc and get things running then you can ask and obviously get help putting in cccam and the cfg file

Helping others is always a better feeling than helping yourself

Edited once, last by THE FUGITIVE ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!