help reading card on server

There are 18 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,320 times. The last Post () by hooterthehatter.

• hi all, my first post!
    i need help with reading a card on server to my vu+
    server running ubuntu with cccam all setup, c & f lines all ok as i can read emu files from server to vu+
    smargo setup in config and in ubuntu
    but i have missed something! server sees card and card id/type but wont share to vu+
    the c & f lines allow it to read the card but the card shows no ecm/emm info and no entitlements

Any help would be great

• Hi there, posted in there! thanks for keeping me right.

the card is 0963 running in cccam 2.1.1 as I am a bit new to all this i guess i missed somthing when editing the cfg file

think i am doing ok so far, as i have the server running and never used linux before last night (fast learner who reads too much!)

as in my first post i can run softcam files to clear channels from server without any probs so i know its setup ok just the last bit to get access to card!

And thx for quick reply :)

• The c line you added to the VU+ must have the ubuntu`s ip address, example C: 192.168.0.1 port user pass.

the c line has my dyndns address and is as follows c: mydyndns.no-ip.com 16000 roland rat (and the mydyndns is inplace of my true one)
    the f line is roland rat

the thing that bothers me is the 'negative ecm nok caid' line in the web server
    think thats the problem

Any ideas?

• if its inside your intranetwork -then try the server IP for example: c: 192.168.1.xx 16000 roland rat first of all.
    your host dyndns is only for outside to be able to connect as most IPs are dynamic not static.
    as far as CCcam reading your card.. ¿have you tried oscam ??
    there are plenty of readymade configs about(incl 0963)http://linuxsat-support.com/os…pdating-entitlements.html
    http://linuxsat-support.com/os…smargo-reader-***-uk.html

• hi there thanks for the answers, mybe i will try oscam, i just think i missed some setting in cfg file

I tried both internal network and the dyndns ones just in case it was a local issue on my lan

I might post part of my cfg file for yous to look at later just incase i messed it up some where!

or if anyone wants, i can give them access to the web server page to see whats happening over the dyndns address link

will get back at it later.............. after footy ;)

• I'm a little bit confused with what your saying..

You've set up a linux server ya?

And you want to share the sly card to the Vu...

Have you opened the listen port on your router and editted it in the cccam.cfg?

• Yip server running, ports open (softcamkeys share to vu) i think i am missing a setting in cfg file, what all do i need to set apart from the smargo settings, the card is seen in the server and when i change channels in VU it shows this in webserver along with card id/type but no ecm/emm or entitlements
    Any ideas?

• Well its not easy to say what you are missing as you have gave no info about what you have tried. Can you give us a bit more to work with (post your configs hiding sensetive bits)

here is the cfg file without the non running lines

F: roland rat 3 1 1 { 0:0:2 }

SERVER LISTEN PORT : 12000

ALLOW WEBINFO: yes

SHOW EXTENEDED CLIENT INFO : yes

WEBINFO USERNAME : xxxxx
    WEBINFO PASSWORD : xxxxx

WEBINFO LISTEN PORT : 16001

SERIAL READER : /dev/ttyUSB0 smartreader+

SHOW TIMING : yes

DISABLE EMM : no

GLOBAL EMM : 2

EXTRA EMM LEVEL : yes

EMM THREADS : 1

SOFTKEY FILE : /var/keys/SoftCam.Key

AUTOROLL FILE : /var/keys/AutoRoll.Key

CAID PRIO FILE : /var/etc/CCcam.prio

PROVIDERINFO FILE : /var/etc/CCcam.providers

CHANNELINFO FILE : /var/etc/CCcam.channelinfo

LOG WARNINGS : /tmp/warnings.txt

MINIMUM CLIENT VERSION : 1.3.0

#TRY ALL CHIDS : <device>............. do i need this on ??

# TRY ALL CHIDS : /dev/ttyUSB0

MINIMUM DOWNHOPS: 0

# SMARTCARD SID ASSIGN : <device> <maxnumberofsids> { <sid1>, <sid2>, ... <sidn> }........... i am not sure of this line

All lines not active "#" have beed deleted

So any ideas on what i have missed or set wrong?
    Thx for any help in advance

• Official Post

(softcamkeys share to vu)

Just to confirm, you are trying to share keys as well as your local card ?

You have F line setup as, F: roland rat 3 1 1 { 0:0:2 }

So C line in VU+ should be, C: 192.168.1.6 12000 roland rat yes ( changing 192.168.1.6 to your linux servers ip address )

This will give access to your local card and softcam keys, if the keys are still active.

• might not be right here but i dont see a boxkey unless you left it out on here but if your running 2.1.1 i reckon you need to enter the boxkey from your card in your cfg.
    upgrade to 2.1.4 and there's no need.

• yip i have server sharing keys as well, and the C line is as you typed apart from the ip address!
    the problem is not the C & F lines its reading the card
    the web server shows this
    Available providers:

+----+----------+--------------+-----+
    |Caid| Provider | Provider Name| System|
    | 963| |*** UK (28E) |nds |

card reader /dev/ttyUSB0
    handled 0(0) ecms and 0(0) emms
    Nds card xxxxxxxxx

Entitlement info

as you can see no entitlements from the card, and I have 2 of them one still in contract

• Boxkey will still need added to CCcam.cfg no matter which version of CCcam you use, when using oscam the boxkey is not needed.

so if i add boxkey it will work,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, right I will report back l8r ,, many thanks for all ideas, i will try them all
    Oscam test l8r as well

Will let you know how i get on. hope good news to follow :)

• I think CCcam version 2.1.3 and above will only read the entitlements of your card, so try updating to that version or latest.

Use Dreambox Config Creator v0.9.5 by B16MCC, it will create the boxkey and FTP it to your CCcam.cfg.

Great little tool the config creator! like that a lot,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Right got boxkey in cfg and now i see entitlements, saddly thier dated 25-04-2010 lol gonna have fun with this now! I think the card dont match the box it came from, I have 4 boxes ands 5 cards so it will take a while to figure out what belongs where :( and i will report back if i ever do!

A big thank you to "master G" vikkisdad Ten Below, and all others who have helped me get a step closer to running this server, hi fives all round :)

right of now and try to update a card or two

Cheers for all the help again!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!