Which is best box for Kodi?

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,435 times. The last Post () by mystical1.

• Hi everyone,
    looking to have a play with one of these boxes to play with Kodi not had a look yet. Which in your opinon is the best box for this, im not quite sure , wetek play,m8, cood-e etc.

Is there any other boxes i havnt mentioned. Just want to compare prices etc.

Any help much appriciated

Thanks in advance

• I suggest you install KODI onto your PC and toy around with it all you like installing/uninstalling all/any repos you fancy
    This way you already know what your PC is limited to ( graphics card, processor,etc )

without having to eliminate the usual teething problems from another box and end up disillusioned by the box itself ...

• thanks for your reply,but im running xp on my system as for the moment my pc does everything i need it to. May i ask I have a vu+duo running the latest build of blackhole. is it possible to run kodi on that box.

Thanks again

• NO bud .. on a duo you cannot run kodidirekt,( a modded version of kodi),as theres not enough processing power..
    As for w XP ,, you can run XBMC which is the predecessor of kodi..
    Which you have already been answered as possible :Kodi for Windows XP
    To be able to avail of modern technology you need to use modern hardware.
    Time to start saving...
    I have used Fbox,( faulty s/w after a few months) Mars box(used daily by a teenager), wetek ( sitting with openelec on an SD card hardly ever used) and have just recieved the new Mars box MSll android HD se which will get around to using..
    As for Enigma boxes, vu+DUO2 has kodi-direkt installed but I never use it...

• Hi Ive just brought and sideloaded Kodi onto Amazon fire tv box, and
    its running great, however some links dont always work. I noticed this
    on the windows version before I brought the fire tv box. Go ahead try on
    windows first to see if you like, plenty of help from you tube videos on installing
    add ons etc.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!