Plugin to warn when card is down?

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,406 times. The last Post () by master G.

• Are there any plugins which alert on screen or by eMail when & if a card you have stops working?

Intermittently one or both of my cards will stop and a gui restart is required to refresh and bring them back up!

Its all the more difficult as you can see the cards listed fine under cccam servers so I usually only notice when I see clients get 'nok' on channels I should have!

Obviously monitoring your cccam output hourly isn't the best option!!

• Not a plugin i know off, but a script you can add that detects when oscam web-interface is not responding anymore and when its not, oscam is started again.

Oscam Status Check Script

Looks the ticket MG....

I'm clearly not typing the correct terms in so if anyone has a link to a tutorial that would show me how to start this on boot from a chosen directory that would be appreciated :shame:

Can this be loosely followed?

Edit -

root@bm750:/etc/script# oscamcheck.sh start
    oscamcheck.sh: line 10: curl: not found
    oscamcheck.sh: line 10: can't create ”/tmp/_tmp”: nonexistent directory
    “Checking“033[37oscamcheck.sh: line 17: 31mOscam: not found
    oscamcheck.sh: line 17: 40mn”: not found
    rm: cannot stat '”/tmp/_tmp”': Not a directory

one of these days I'll learn Linux lol

Is this going to work on a Vu+ if it needs curl installed?

• I've found another script that works well on my Vu+

If you set this to check every x minutes it should work fine!

#!/bin/sh

process=`ps auxwww | grep oscam | grep -v grep | awk '{print $1}'`
    if [ -z '$process' ]; then
    echo "Couldn't find oscam running. Restarting server-binary" >> /var/log/oscam.check
    nohup /usr/bin/oscam >> /var/log/oscam.log &
    else
    echo "oscam is still OK!" >> /var/log/oscam.check
    fi

edit -

After searching for cron job admin I see *** pirate did this back in August lol

Anyone know how to create a cron job on the Vu+?

I get 'no such file or directory' when trying to 'crontab -e'

• Just to tie these in for future reference -

How to set up a cron on BlackHole

I've finished bastardising 2 OSCam check scripts and can confirm this works well!

save the following as oscamcheck.sh and put it in your /usr/script directory

Notes -

1. ensure you have logging turned on in oscam.conf ie. logfile = /var/log/oscam.log
    2. "else echo "OSCam is working!" >> /var/log/oscam.check" --> this line is optional but useful for checking the script is running

• Official Post

Thanks arber for the script, i have made ipk file for BlackHole image, to restart EMU at 8am and run oscamcheck script every 10 minutes.

FTP to /tmp > Green button > Yellow button > Manual Install IPK Packages

You can test the script is working by telnet command, killall -9 oscam wait a few minutes and check var/log/oscam_restart_log.

You should get process was not working, which means the script is working and oscam was restarted.

Enjoy..

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!