After years of pain with Spark - Lets make thing clear for a noob?

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,963 times. The last Post () by nowso.

• Please do not ignore to answer, even if you don't know everything.

I have Golden Media Spark One (I hitnk it might be same as Triplex but with only one module). I've alway been dreaming about flashing this box to something really worth to use aka as Enigma 2. But never found anything good just by googling firmware.

Today I found this great looking forum, and before I do mistakes (ofcourse I will) I shall ask you ppl, what should I try flashing (I like out of the box firmwares) and where and how I search for thouse firms?

As I understood here is that Amiko Alien 2 is same by the CPU as Spark One (or Triplex). Does this mean I can flash anything what Amikoa Alien 2 can?

And aslo is there any channel editor program for Spark working recievers?

• Yes, Spark One has the same cpu as triplex, alien2 etc. (STi7162) So most firmware should work.

Look here for help with images: Spark - SH4 Firmware / Image Flashing Tutorials, HowTo & Guides

And in both Golden Media and Alien2 sections are images.

By "out of the box" do you mean bare images from developers or backup images with all settings already configured? Both are there.

Do you need channel editor for Spark or Enigma?

• Well by "out of the box" I mean easy setup, maybe mgcamd, fast and really working (stable) firmware. Any recomendations?

By channel editor I ment Spark.

Edited once, last by 5h4d0w ().

• Ok, thanks. Why they have "backup" word in names? And if I install firmware selecting E2 from my reciever, my Spark stays? Or does this depend on firmware?

• both spark and e2 work independent of each other,

the backup in the names means any add ons or tweaks have been done as some other images can be a bit of a pain to get going from the raw image,

take HDMU to me the better image, and captain has added the tweaks needed to get it to work HDMU is from Germany and the channel list is for there needs, so a few plug ins are need to use if for our needs in the uk,

what i would say is load the raw image up have a look at them then load a back up and see the differance

• Thank you very much for a clear answers.

What is the difference between USB and NAND version?

for what you want the nand version is the one to go for, you should have a enigma2 file with 2 files in it, the other version is so you can change images quicky ie on hard drive or on the usb stick, but like i said for your needs its the nand version you want,

• Another really good firmware you might like is Vix4E2 project build006 made by Lavatronics (Anthony I believe!) It looks very similar to the stock SKY TV UK box GUI & is pretty easy to use apart from that it uses Oscam & the key files are in a slightly different place (etc/tuxbox/config/oscam.server). Apart from that it has pretty much everything built into it including autobouquetsmaker & crossepg among others and apart from a couple of crashes while setting up the box to my liking i've been pretty impressed with it to say the least considering i'd been using HDMU up until now. The only problem I found with HDMU is that the buttons didn't seem to do what they were supposed to and/or it was difficult to find what button did what, Vix4E2 doesn't suffer with that problem and it's button layout is nice & easy to learn & get used to.
    From what i've seen the spark 1 is a slimmed down triplex as you mentioned which is a rebadged alien2so you can use any firmware marked as alien2. I've tried every firmware available over the past 2 years of owning my alien1 and finally i'm fully happy with a firmware, all previous ones have just been lacking in features & how they go about things etc so I would definitely recommend at least trying Vix4E2 which can be found easily by googling for it because it's available at quite a few places. Other than that good luck & welcome to the world of E2 flashing!

• Yup, so I understood it right. Thank you guys, today will try out flashing.

If I understood right from manual I need to switch boot mode to E2, after what VOL+ will flash it from usb. Is it really important to use USB from back?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!