To connect a DM800HD via USB wireless module

• As we all know, DM800 HD has the USB port, this makes it possible to plug a USB wireless network card to DM800 HD. However, if we want to use the function of USB wireless network card, we should have a wireless network access point (AP) first. We can use the 54Mbps WIFI ADSL router to set up the WLAN. First, we should plug the WIFI USB wireless network card to the USB port on the backboard of DM800 HD, and then turn on DM800 HD. Secondly; you have to set up the parameters in the operating system. The operating system we use now is Gemini 2.

I take no credit for this, i found it on another site, but it took me ages to find and it does work

1. Go though the way of Main Menu - Blue Board - Settings to get into the Kernel Module setting interface. Since the USB wireless network card we use in this case uses the drive of RT73, we choose the WLAN RT73 and save the settings use the green button.

2. After the loading process, get into the internet setting interface though the way of Main Menu - Settings - System. Choose the option to restart network.

3. If the network is restarted, go back to the network setting interface. Now, here will be the Choosing Network Card option, push OK on remote controller to get in.

4. Now you are in the Network Settings interface, there will be a scan wireless network extra option. Before we get to use the WLAN, we have to scan wireless network signal first, so push the OK button and get in.

5. In the interface of Choose a Wireless Network, we can see the Hot - Spots around us. Choose the one you want to connect and you will see the massage of "1 WIRELESS NETWORK (S) FOUND!" The SSID of the network may be the name of the router you uses and ENCRYPTION: NO means that the network doesn't use the encryption settings.

Read more: How to Use the USB Wireless Network Card on DM800 HD

Code
    http://www.sooperarticles.com/technology-articles/how-use-usb-wireless-network-card-dm800-hd-262502.html#ixzz1fltgkDfY

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!