Have I bricked my DM800HD box

There are 20 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,724 times. The last Post () by LandUzu.

• My DM800HD 2.01 box went into error 1 ca fault following a flash image crash last night, I have run both the Dreamup Patch and NCF programs but no joy.
    When I run the programs the comm port is recognised (I have tested the serial cable on a Dm500 and it works.
    But even though I power the box up at the prompt, the box is not recognised.
    Is there a serial base level to allow comms (like telenet)

Thanks
    Junger

• has anyoe tried the method below?
    If you don't see an IP address after a few seconds, you will need to use a terminal emulator to set an IP address for the Dreambox manually. Enter "115200/8N1" as the COM port in the terminal emulator and press the "S" key to access the Dreambox menu. Use the arrow keys to navigate to the "Network" menu and set the network type filed to "Manual." Enter an IP address that is not in use on your network in the IP Address field and press "F9" to save.

• hi pem1i dont see any dry joints on the sim socket pins, what if I change the sim, is the ip address held on the sim cause if it is my son has exactly the same box and maybe I could program the sim in his and transfer the sim back to my box, just a thought

• try another bim if you have one ??? i have a dm800 with the sim goosed sim card and i cant flash it m8 ? have you checked all the sim card conneections ??? there are six in total m8 ?? just refolw the joint just icase it is dry joints m8

• are you leaving the ethernet lead connected whilst trying one of the above rescue methods? I remember having to have them both plugged in when trying to recover the box, and that was not before a lot of re-connect-disconnect with power cycling in between............although that said, that box ended up being a dud :)

• Ok all,

I have read and read, for a couple of days and the nearest scenario to my current situation that I can fined is that I may have flashed a genuine dream image (it had an avatar logo), it is written somewhere that if you do that and the box is a clone the flash contacts dream, they in turn update the box and remove the port info (Serial & Ethernet), that now requires a cas 3 (which i have) and the cable which has to be soldered on the dm800 board/PCB. SoI will have a go at that. Does anyone have a good sticky tutoril that they can point me towards.
    Thanks
    Junger

• hi m8 got my old dreambox dm 800 clone going with this tool ? use dreamup to get ip then use this software to reflash the boot loader m8 ? thats where i was going wrong i was trying to put a ssl76 bootloader and it needed ssl69 hope this helps you

• Ok all,

I have read and read, for a couple of days and the nearest scenario to my current situation that I can fined is that I may have flashed a genuine dream image (it had an avatar logo), it is written somewhere that if you do that and the box is a clone the flash contacts dream, they in turn update the box and remove the port info (Serial & Ethernet), that now requires a cas 3 (which i have) and the cable which has to be soldered on the dm800 board/PCB. SoI will have a go at that. Does anyone have a good sticky tutoril that they can point me towards.
    Thanks
    Junger

Hi there Junger,
    I would urge that you explore all software related solutions BEFORE you start soldering and messing around with hardware. A lot of issues can be solved this way.
    Obviously if all these options leave you with no option, then go ahead and solder her up, just be sure that you need to first :)

Make absolutely sure that you have the correct image version for your box & sim # and also the correct ssl bootloader.

Good luck and hope you get sorted soon.

LandUzu

• I have tried all the sotware repair options down to teminal emulator, I do beleive that the cas 3 and solder pads are the only answer. I understand what you are saying and if i thought there was another avenue \i would use it. but before i go there I was ask for a definative tut or stickie on the subject before I attempt it mate
    Thanks for your conceran
    Junger

• Hi again junger,

Have you seen this thread? Not sure how much relevance it has to your situation but worth a snout, ill keep scratching around to see wqhat else i can find. Have you already aquired the CAS3?

Regards

LandUzu

EDIT: Have you tried pulling the power lead out quickly and replacing it?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!