OScam Clarification

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,166 times. The last Post () by shapez.

• Hi Folks,

I apologise in advance if this has been answered previously. I cannot locate an exact answer in the depths of this form.

Current Setup:
    Amiko Alien 2+ Box / Hyperion 4.5 Image / OScam
    Edision OS Mini / OpenATV 5.1 / Cccam

From reading posts/forums I have read that OScam and MGcamd are more stable than that of Cccam. My basic question is this.

Which protocol is best to install and use on both of these boxes for a stable connection?
    I do not have a server nor am I setting up a server. I am just receiving a signal.

Thanks in advance.

• Many thanks for your reply.

Sorry I should have explained a bit better.

I want to use a softcam on my receivers that is a stable one. At present Cccam is running on the OpenATV image of my Edision box and OScam is running on the Hyperion image of my Alien box.

I plan to change the image on my Alien box to an OpenATV image and therefore need to install TSPanel like I have done on the Edision box.

The query I have, is there one softcam/protocol better than the other? If so, which should I aim to use/install from TSPanel onto the box?

• I don't think it matters which image you put on your alien, cccam won't run due to it's hardware.
    Mgcamd is reported as a very stable emu but stability is down to a number of factors, internet speed and the quality of your share.
    Oscam is more versatile but requires more setup but is constantly being developed (development for cccam has ceased)
    I've ran oscam on an alien with no problems.
    I've ran mgcamd on my solo2 with no problems either.
    Why don't you install both oscam and mgcamd on your alien and decide which one works best for you.

• I don't think it matters which image you put on your alien, cccam won't run due to it's hardware.
    Mgcamd is reported as a very stable emu but stability is down to a number of factors, internet speed and the quality of your share.
    Oscam is more versatile but requires more setup but is constantly being developed (development for cccam has ceased)
    I've ran oscam on an alien with no problems.
    I've ran mgcamd on my solo2 with no problems either.
    Why don't you install both oscam and mgcamd on your alien and decide which one works best for you.

Brilliant. Thanks for clearing it up for me.

I take it from reading other posts etc. that the install of OScam or MGcamd protocol is a matter of running the softcam ipk and then ftp the required config files to their appropriate locations? For example Oscam /etc/tuxbox/config.

- - - Updated - - -

You've touched on it here for me.
    http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=59477

Is it fair to say an OScam client setup is not just running an ipk and configuring some files? Is there much more to it?

• Cheers. I'll have a bit of time next week to play around with it. I intent to load an OpenATV 5.1 image onto my Alien 2 box. Install a softcam (mgcamd) plugin. Configure all relevant files and FTP them to their required locations. What can go wrong!!?? LOL :)

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!