what have I done now? VU+ wont reflash

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 807 times. The last Post () by Prophet.

• Ok here's my boring story

Had a vu+solo2 for just over a year now, has been working fine, just renewed a sub etc.....

Then strange thing happened, found that I would get a tuner fail problem every so often. Read through everything on forums, checked signal etc, basically im sure signal is good, put in back of TV which has freesat and works fine, went through all preferences and all set up correctly,

So I was running a older version of openvix apollo so thought Id reflash it, however the tuner worked on certain backups but not all.

So I decided Id try and do a download and clean install. Dowmloaded latest openvix

Now next problem in equation is I've only got macs no pc's. so tried initialising usb stick in vuplus and then ftp'ing files onto usb stick.

This didnt work.

For the ftp'ing I use idreamx software which has been really good.

But the solo2 just would not boot from usb stick, tried it from little toshiba hard drive again would not boot

started going nuts

went round a friends house, all pc's , downloaded files, reformated drives , extracted files to drives. Tried to reboot but still no

then out of frustration, looked at all files on idream x on the vu+ and DELETED THEM ALL, thinking I could boot from USB - No joy VU+ just says starting

what do I do now???

thanks for any response

• hi all, just want to say thanks for everyones help,

have tried and downloaded several different images but i Just cant get past the 'starting' on bootup.

It is 100% original box bought from vuplus, think I may send it back to them, see if they can reflash it

• Official Post

hi all, just want to say thanks for everyones help,

have tried and downloaded several different images but i Just cant get past the 'starting' on bootup.

It is 100% original box bought from vuplus, think I may send it back to them, see if they can reflash it

Hopefully they will give you a refund and you can order one from World Of Satellite

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!