16 Channel Recording VU+ DUO2?

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,000 times. The last Post () by Mils24.

• Hello guys/girls

First off I am sorry if this has been discussed before but I have searched and could not find an answer. If so please link me to the thread and admin close this thread.

I am looking at getting an VU+ DUO2 box but a cannot seem to find exact details on the 16 channel recording, please help as this is a attractive feature?

From what I have found I understand that you need an quatro LNB and x2 DVB-S2 dual tuners on the back of the box. This then gives you the 4 LNB inputs.
    I also understand vaguely that to achieve the 16 channel recording capacity, the channels being recorded have to be on different quadrants of the signal spectrum - hence why people seem to say that to get 16 at once must be ‘perfect conditions’

What I don't understand is that on a Sky box (only using as an example as its what I'm used to) there are 2 inputs, this allows you to record one and watch another, or record two but you must watch one of the recordings while recording.
    Therefore theoretically with 4 inputs you should be able to record 4 at any given time - Correct?

How is 16 possible with 4 inputs - assuming the ‘best conditions’ for arguments sake.
    Are these boxes somehow able to record 4 programmes per tuner and if so, how?

Finally does that mean with only 2 inputs you can record up to 8 under the right conditions?

Many thanks,
    D

• Your able to record multiple channels on the same transponder, ie: if they all come in on the same frequency , in the same polorization.
    EG: itv london, itv2, itv4,itv4+1 all have a common frequency/polorization (10758v, transponder 44) so technically you could record all these with one feed from your dish.

Now, imagine if you have 4 feeds, you'll be able to record a number of channels on 4 different transponders.
    I think a maximum of 16 is only stated due to hdd speed etc but in theory it could be probably more depending on image, speed of receiver and hdd (you may be into ssd's here) but maybe images have it locked to that maximum number.
    To be honest, i've never checked exactly how many i could record.
    Hope it explains it a little more clearly.

• Okay from your explanation I now understand why I keep reading people saying about the 'ideal scenario' of the channels being on the same frequency / transponder.

To clarify, is it the VU+ box's ability that allows you to record multiple channels that are on the same frequency/polorization per one tuner as opposed to a sky box that only let you record one channel per tunner?

Eg. On the VU+ duo2, record itv, itv2, itv4 on LNB1 / bbc1, bbc2 on LNB2 + E4, Channel 4 on LNB 3 - so 7 programmes at once?

Edited once, last by Mils24 ().

• I know for a fact that the sky box only had the capability of recording a maximum of two programs at any given time.
    With 2 tuner inputs on the rear you can either record one and watch another OR record two but you must watch one while recording.

This limitation is part of the reason I want to swap to the VU+ box.

As far as my example above of a recording scenario on the VU+, is my thinking correct??

VU+ DUO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!