Openpctv questions

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,293 times. The last Post () by fezz0.

• Hello everybody, I hope you can help me, I would like to build a OPENPCTV receiver, but i am really a newbie about it, so i have some questions about ENIGMA2 part of OPENPCTV:

1- How many channels per tuner it is possible to watch at the same time over web interface?
    2- How many devices can watch the same channel at the same time? (one tuner card)
    3- Where I have to setup network configuration, on openpctv or i have to enter to enigma 2 for setup?
    4- Can I use two network cards (two ethernet cards or one wifi N and one ethernet, if i can, what option you recommend)?
    5- What cam emulator software OPENPCTV enigma2 support?
    6- How I have to setup cam emulator software in OPENPCTV enigma2 If i want to watch more than one channel (over web interface) simultaneously?
    7- How OPENPCTV works with TBS cards?, Which brand you recommend?
    8- Does OPENPCTV enigma2 support dvbs2 cards with CI?

Thanks for your support

• Since nobody has answered, I will try to answer what I can. I tried OPENPCTV over a year ago, but never really got it working - it was early, so I am hoping/guessing they have gotten all (most) of the bugs out by now. I did however install enigma2pc on an existing linux server and used it, but just a little. (I have since switched to tvheadend...) I assmue you already read robijay's post: http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=78503

1. You can watch multiple channels, as long as they are all on the same transponder. The limit depends on cpu and network speed (and cpu is dependent on whether or not the channels are encrypted...)
    2. Basically same limitation as above. I never tested more than 3, but 3 put very little load on the system.
    3. If I recall correctly, default was dhcp and can be changed with enigma2 or through linux shell. (I made a lot of configuration changes through a telnet session because it was easier for me.)
    4. Yes, but maybe not through the default setup menus - you may have to configure by hand.
    5. I know for sure oscam/oscm-emu which should be enough for most uses.
    6. Default settings of oscam should handle this.
    7. It should work, but I did not test with a TBS card, I only tested with an old dvb-s skyster2 card.
    8. I do not know???

• IMO I don't think OpenPCTV is worthy enough to be used as a daily satellite reciever. Yes it gives you the ability to run e2 and Kodi, but the enimga2 side of things was very rusty (may of changed but I highly doubt it) - There was no 7 day epg or autobouquets, pretty much all plugins won't function correctly/if at all, since they are compiled for MIPS processors and not x64.

If you want a solid experience then I would highly recommend building a reciever based on Intel hardware, running Openelec/Tvheadend.

• master G

Added the Label DVB Windows Support

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!