Do I need to use EMM white lists with Oscam and Sly UK ?

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,390 times. The last Post () by lgrijander.

• Hi there, thanks to this forum I have a DM800 reading and updating a Sly card, it is my own local network with no external sharing or clients. The card updated itself once, so I guess that it will continue to do so in the future, display is done trough DVBapi.

Now, my question is as follows: I have, following this forum advice, blocked unknown and global EMM's, but I am not used any whitelisting, my reader configuration is as follows:

[reader]
    label = slot1
    protocol = internal
    device = /dev/sci0
    caid = 0963
    detect = cd
    mhz = 500
    cardmhz = 357
    group = 1
    emmcache = 1,3,2
    blockemm-unknown = 1
    blockemm-g = 1

DVBapi configuration is as follows:

[dvbapi]
    enabled = 1
    au = 1
    boxtype = dreambox
    user = dvbapiau
    request_mode = 1

And user for DVBapi is as follows:

[account]
    user = dvbapiau
    pwd = dummy
    group = 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19
    uniq = 3
    monlevel = 0
    au = slot1

Taking into account that no external access to my box or network is going to take place, do I need to use EMM white lists anyway ?, Is my card safe?

Thanks for your help.

• Theory is that if sly have detected your card on an infiltrated network, they will send killer EMMs to your card to, well, kill it. No harm having the whitelist there, but you'd probably be ok imo.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Theory is that if sly have detected your card on an infiltrated network, they will send killer EMMs to your card to, well, kill it. No harm having the whitelist there, but you'd probably be ok imo.

OK so as long as I keep my card on my own local network with no third party access I should be ok, right ?

I prefer no to use whitelists since I will have to update them from time to time in order to be sure that I can open all channels.

Thanks for your help.

• master G

Set the Label from UK OSCam to Videoguard2 Cards OSCam

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!