Issues installing Enigma2 Images on Amiko Alien2

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 972 times. The last Post () by joeuser.

• Hi Guys,

The Journey has been a long one in a short space of time. I have a new Amiko Alien 2 Triple Tuner. The only image i can currently run is Hyperion 4.5 this is a bare bones image and I'm having trouble getting the Autobouquets working correctly and also having a lot of issues with the Very Popular Blue skin.
    I like the speed of Hyperion 4.5 etc but it is just taking a lot of time and effort to get the plugins working correctly. I have tried other Backup Images taken from almost identical aa2 boxes installs fine but gets " Nand errors bad memory blocks when I try to load it. So the one thing I'm looking for is if you guys can recommend a straight forward Enigma2 image that will run on an AA2 box with little issue

• Cheers thankYou very much I will give it a try later.....I have tried smaller images with no success and Im kinda hoping now that it's just a case of getting the right one now

- - - Updated - - -

Just to say thanks once again Fano the image is pretty neat it loaded up fine which is further than I have been getting it keeps crashing on me as it is still chewing into the memory so hopefully will just telnet to it remove a couple of plugins and then try to see if I can run it off a usb key.so thanks once again it's a nice image you have

• Hey Joeuser.....Im not having much look getting these Enigma2 images working on my Amiko Alien was just curious to see your opinions on a nfs server is there a lot of time and effort in running images off one ? Can you run backup images on them with no issues ?

• I have done it before, and don't recall any specific problems with it being from nfs.
    Here is a script I use on my linux server to extract the files from the image into a directory for the nfs share:

Note: it assumes the uImage file is in the same directory as the e2jffs2.img file is

I think I posted something here a long time ago about setting up the alien2 to boot from usb/nfs. I will look for it when I get a chance...

Edited once, last by joeuser ().

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!